EA has confirmed that it’ll be revealing the next iteration of the long-running Battlefield series next week.
A tweet from the official account confirmed the news, with a tiny tease video that doesn’t give much away, but seems to confirm we’re in for a much more modern setting, judging by the digital-esque effects. The reveal will take place at approximately 3pm UK time on June 9 across Battlefield‘s various social media platforms including, presumably, YouTube and Twitch.
So far we know that the development team on the next Battlefield game will be the biggest ever, with Criterion joining long-term developers EA DICE in Stockholm and EA DICE LA on the upcoming game with tech provided by Electronic Arts Gothenburg. The shooter is rumoured to support up to 128 player-sized maps, and it will indeed release on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as well as current gen consoles the Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5.
For everything else, we’ll have to wait until next week, but we’ll be sure to update you with the juicy details once Battlefield 6 is formally revealed on June 9 at 3pm UK time.
VideoGamer.com – All Updates
- EA increases Battlefield 4 server capacity after Battlefield 2042 reveal sparks player spike • Eurogamer.net
- Server capacity increased for Battlefield 4 due to influx of players following Battlefield 2042 reveal
- Battlefield Portal Allows You to Build the Battlefield Experience of Your Dreams
- The next Battlefield will reportedly be called Battlefield 2042
- Battlefield 4 server capacity increased to deal with players hyped for Battlefield 2042
- New Battlefield 2042 Gameplay Trailer Shows How You Can Build Your Own Battlefield With Portal
- Battlefield 2042 – Battlefield 4 Character Returns in “Exodus” Short Film
- Battlefield 2042 cross-play, cross-progression confirmed, beta test delayed
- Battlefield 2042 Cross-Play and Cross-Progression Confirmed
- Battlefield 2042’s next reveal is… a short film