Huzzah! The age of Chivalry 2 is finally upon us!
The teams here at Torn Banner Studios and our publisher Tripwire Presents are extremely excited to bring our multiplayer melee combat game to PS4 and PS5. Considerable work has gone into making this game one of the most fun, cinematic, and (of course) brutal multiplayer experiences ever, and we can’t wait for everyone to get their hands on the full version of the game!
What kind of player are you? Prefer a support role? More into risk/reward-type builds? Are you more interested in ranged vs. melee combat? In Chivalry 2 there are so many character classes and subclasses to choose from that there’s bound to be a build that strikes your fancy. So in anticipation of the game’s full release, we’ve broken down each class to further help you decide how you want to experience the 64-player medieval madness of Chivalry 2.
Health: 100 | Movement Speed: 100 | Stamina: 60
With a fun mix of ranged weapons from crossbows to throwable javelins, Archers are the preferred class for anyone who wants to do damage from afar. With a Special that charges faster with successful headshots, the Archer class is designed to reward players who are especially deadly, but they also have significantly lower health compared to the other three classes in the game. There are only a limited number of Archers allowed per team, so make sure you snag a spot quickly!
- Subclasses: Longbowman, Crossbowman, Skirmisher
- Special Abilities: Brazier (light arrows on fire), Banner (heal allies), Quiver (restock ammo)
Health: 175 | Movement Speed: 80 | Stamina: 80
With the Knight’s larger health pool, it’s the top pick for beginners hopping into Chivalry 2 for the first time. The Knight’s arsenal is also very balanced with subclasses that allow a wide range of options to try out like the shield-wielding Guardian or the high-damage Crusader. Before going for a class that’s a little more specialized, try out the Knight to get a taste of a little bit of everything the others have to offer. Worst case, you’ll probably die a bit slower.
- Subclasses: Officer, Guardian, Crusader
- Special Abilities: Oil Pot (fire throwable), Trumpet (heal allies), Banner (heal allies)
Health: 150 | Movement Speed: 100 | Stamina: 80
The Footman is a good Jack of All Trades, and also Chivalry 2’s answer for a “support” type class. As such, players in this class are equipped with items and abilities that favor defense and combat strategy. Bandage kits are the special ability for each of the footman’s three subclasses, and can be deployed to help your teammates resupply bandages and heal themselves. Footmen also benefit from increased movement speed compared to Knights, and a unique arsenal featuring long two-handed weapons with the most range (halberds, spears, polearms etc.) Additionally, the Footman is able to place traps and barricades to strategically turn the tide of combat and direct enemies elsewhere.
- Subclasses: Poleman, Man at Arms, Field Engineer
- Special Ability: Bandage Kit (heal allies)
Health: 130 | Movement Speed: 120 | Stamina: 100
For the Vanguard class, it’s all about damage! With the lowest health pool of all of the classes, playing as a Vanguard is the ultimate risk/reward class. If you’re a dedicated warrior with a deep passion for swordplay, Vanguard’s arsenal of high-damage weapons will be a good fit for you! Furthermore, the Raider subclass even allows you to carry two primary weapons, allowing for even more creative combat approaches. All of this high damage goodness comes at the cost of being more vulnerable to ranged attacks – because Vanguards don’t get shields!
- Subclasses: Brute, Raider, Ambusher
- Special Abilities: Trumpet (heal allies), Quiver (restock ammo), Oil Pot (fire throwable)
I hope you enjoyed this quick overview of all of the loadout options available to you when you boot up Chivalry 2. I’ll see you on the battlefield! For glory!
Chivalry 2 launches worldwide on PS4 and PS5 tomorrow and supports cross play functionality across PC and console.
- Enter the Upside Down in Smite with the Stranger Things crossover tomorrow – PlayStation.Blog
- A twisted sci-fi adventure awaits in Beautiful Desolation, out tomorrow on PS4 – PlayStation.Blog
- Castles of Sin, out tomorrow – PlayStation.Blog
- Windjammers 2 out soon on PS4 & PS5, open multiplayer Beta starts tomorrow – PlayStation.Blog
- Diablo 2 Resurrected classes and best character builds
- the story behind those fun PlayStation character cameos – PlayStation.Blog
- Crown Jewels – Breaking Down The New Pokémon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl Trailer
- Hisuian Sightseeing – Breaking Down The New Pokémon Legends Arceus Trailer
- Fast-paced multiplayer shooter Solaris Offworld Combat comes to PS VR tomorrow – PlayStation.Blog
- Final boss battle episodes arrive tomorrow for Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot – PlayStation.Blog