Cyberpunk 2077 has found a new game director in Gabriel Amatangelo following former quest director, Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz, stepping down from his role and leaving CD Projekt Red entirely.
The new game director joined up with the studio back in January of 2022. He joined the team as creative director for Cyberpunk 2077. Prior to that, he has worked on several major RPG experiences, including Dragon Age Inquisition’s expansions (which did much to tie the base game together) and Star Wars: The Old Republic. With his RPG background and ability to tie into an ongoing story flawlessly, his leadership could mean amazing things for Cyberpunk 2077’s future following its chaotic launch.
Amatangelo will be leading the development charge as Cyberpunk 2077 continues to get into the shape it was promised to be in at launch, as well as the promised DLC for this open-world adventure.
Adam Badowski, the former Cyberpunk 2077 game director, has stepped down from his role to focus on other aspects of game development under the CDPR umbrella in a different leadership position. With more Cyberpunk experiences on the way and a return to the Witcher franchise, there is plenty of work to be done for the Polish studio.
This is all part of the revised plan of action for the studio after its game was pulled from Sony storefronts after it was revealed that the marketing for the game was not what it seemed. To learn about the road to Cyberpunk 2077’s launch, and what happened after beyond just glitches, you can read more at our game hub here.
- Cyberpunk 2077 appoints a new game director at CD Projekt Red
- Death Stranding: Director’s Cut Brings PC Exclusive Cyberpunk 2077, Half-Life Content to PS5
- Cyberpunk 2077 gets another, small performance patch
- This Cyberpunk 2077 mod adds American-style health insurance for when V gets hurt
- Cyberpunk 2077 Was The Most Popular PS4 Game In June
- Cyberpunk 2077 Dev Has 160 Staff Working On Game’s First Expansion
- PS Store Sales Charts: Cyberpunk 2077 Was June’s Best-Selling PS4 Game Following PS Store Return
- Cyberpunk 2077 megamod rebalances pretty much the entire game • Eurogamer.net
- This Cyberpunk 2077 Mod Makes Photo Mode Even Better With New Poses
- Cyberpunk 2077 Is Back on PSN But Still Broken, Sony Warns