Today Eagle Dynamic released another video of its military flight simulator DCS World, showing the upcoming Mi-24P Hind attack helicopter.
Today Eagle Dynamic released another video its military flight simulator DCS World, showing off the upcoming Mi-24P Hind attack helicopter.
This time around, we get to see a “greatly abbreviated” cold and dark startup procedure for the Hind.
The “greatly abbreviated” part shouldn’t trick you, as it’s still ten minutes of switch-flipping, lever-pulling, and knob-turning, all while surrounded by the beautiful turquoise cockpit which will be familiar to those who love Soviet aircraft.
You may think I’m being sarcastic, but I’m not. This kind of operation and the fact that it’s simplified (there is still a lot to be implemented) truly shows the depth of the simulation, which is great.
Another in-depth video with the full procedure will come when everything is implememnted.
You can watch it below and the Introduction Trailer from a few days ago.
Here’s what you can expect from the Hind:
On pre-order/early access:
- Professional flight dynamics and engine modelling with high precision characteristics of the real aircraft in all ranges of altitude, temperature and speeds for different weights and flight configurations
- Two 6DOF highly detailed cockpits (RU and EN versions available)
- Fully clickable cockpits with interactive control of all onboard systems with mouse
- Multi-crew. Second crew member can be another player or “Petrovich” AI (basic AI level during early access phase)
- Detailed modeling of the entire electrical, fuel, hydraulic, anti-icing, fire protection, SAS, autopilot and radio systems
- Full modeling of armament and weapons systems with ability to use 30mm cannon, unguided rockets (S-8, S-13, S-24B) and bombs from both cockpits in addition to the guided ATGM 9M114 operated by forward seated pilot-operator
- Standard Russian new and weathered liveries in addition to Iraqi and Syrian schemes
- Early Access manual Russian and English versions
- Training missions
- Cargohold gunner with KORD machine gun
- Advanced “Petrovich” AI features for pilot or pilot-operator seats
- Addition of ATGM 9M120 (HEAT and HE versions) and R-60M air to air missiles
- Sling cargo operations
- Advanced damage modeling
- Additional liveries and livery template
- Full manual in Russian and English (full list of languages is TBD)
- Campaign by Eagle Dynamics
If you’re unfamiliar with DCS World, it’s a gorgeous and extremely realistic free-to-play sandbox combat flight simulator for PC that offers a giant lineup of DLC aircraft for those who want to expand the experience. You can also check out the previous trailer showing the 2.7 update,
- DCS World Mi-24 Hind Gets Epic Trailer Celebrating Early Access Release
- Fortnite Telescope & Black Helicopter locations | Where to repair damaged telescopes and investigate the downed black helicopter
- The Caligula Effect 2 Gets Extensive Trailer Showing Gameplay & Features
- Lost Judgment Gets Extensive Trailer Showing Investigation Gameplay, Combat, & Tons of Minigames
- Microsoft Flight Simulator “Shattering Franchise Records;” Germany World Update Showcased in Extensive Video
- NYPD Sends Helicopter After Graffiti Artist Over Super Mario Bros. Piece
- Starlit Season for PS4 & PC Shows Tons of Idol Gameplay in Extensive Video
- The Mosquito FB VI Is Coming to DCS World
- New DCS World Trailer Teases AH-64D Apache Longbow
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Warzone new season to start next week