Deathloop is set to release for PS5 and PC on September 14 (see it on Amazon, or Amazon UK). It will be available in a standard edition, as well as a deluxe edition that comes with a few digital extras. You’ll find full details about what comes in each edition, as well as preorder bonus information below.
And in case you’re wondering if Deathloop is any good, you can take a look out our Deathloop review, where you’ll find all kinds of details about why our critic rated it a 10/10.
Preorder Deathloop (Standard Edition)
The standard edition of Deathloop comes with the game itself, plus the preorder bonus (see below).
Deathloop Deluxe Edition
The deluxe edition of Deathloop comes with the game itself, plus the following digital items:
- .44 Karat Fourpounder Weapon
- “Eat the Rich” Tribunal Weapon
- “Sharp Shooter” Julianna Skin
- “Party Crasher” Colt Skin
- Soundtrack Selections
- 2 Trinkets (Equippable Buffs)
Deathloop Preorder Bonus
- “Storm Rider” Colt Skin
- 1 Trinket (Equippable Buff)
- Royal Protector Machete (PS5 Exclusive)
Additionally, if you preorder Deathloop from Best Buy, you’ll get a $10 reward coupon to use on a future purchase. The only catch is that you have to be a My Best Buy member to take advantage of the deal, but signing up is free.
What is Deathloop?
Deathloop is a first-person shooter from Arkane Lyon, the developer behind the Dishonored series. It’s about a pair of rival assassins who are stuck in a Groundhog Day-type loop where they keep living through the same day over and over again. You play as Colt, and your goal is to break the time loop by taking down eight targets in a single day. To do so, you can take advantage of a wide array of weaponry, as well as supernatural powers.
As you go about your business, you’re being hunted by Julianna Blake, another assassin. Julianna is controlled by the game’s AI, but if you want to, you can enable multiplayer to let Julianna be controlled by another player. Or you can invade another player’s game by taking control of Julianna and hunting down Colt.
Despite Microsoft now owning Bethesda, the parent company of Arkane Lyon, Deathloop remains a PS5 console exclusive. As such, it takes full advantage of the DualSense controller, offering haptic feedback and using the adaptive triggers.
Other Preorder Guides
Chris Reed is a commerce editor and deals expert at IGN. You can follow him on Twitter @_chrislreed.
IGN Video Games
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade: What Comes in Each Edition
- Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands: Here’s What Comes in Each Edition
- Deathloop Trailer Showcases Pre-Order Bonuses and Deluxe Edition Content
- The Ayaka and Yoimiya Story Quests Each Focus on ‘Duty’
- The two sides of Destiny 2 are eating each other
- The best Naraka Bladepoint characters and builds for each role
- 13 Times Microsoft, Sony, And Nintendo Threw SHADE At Each Other
- Pokmon Sword and Shield leakers must each pay $150k damages • Eurogamer.net
- Pokemon Sword & Shield leakers required to pay The Pokemon Company $150,000 each
- Ubisoft isn’t Worried About Rainbow Six Siege and Rainbow Six Extraction Cannibalizing Each Other