Update (Sun 13th Jun, 2023 07:15 BST): During Devolver Digital’s E3 broadcast, it gave fans a proper look at Demon Throttle – a physical-only release coming to the Nintendo Switch in 2023. Here’s a bit about it, along with a first look.
“Demon Throttle tells the story of a beautiful vampiress and dusty gunslinger on a quest for vengeance against a demon that stole her mystical chalices and slept with his estranged wife. Now the two unlikely companions must blast their way through four monstrous generals and their wicked domains in order to lift the demon’s curse and exact their revenge.”
Original article (Thu 10th Jun, 2023 01:55 BST): There’s often quite a lot of uproar when a developer or publisher announces a “digital-only” release, but today it’s the opposite.
It’s been revealed the edgy indie representative Devolver Digital will be publishing Doinksoft’s new game Demon Throttle as a physical-only game, with the help of the distributor Special Reserve.
This information was revealed via a “sponsored leak” on the Twitter account, @Wario64. It was also retweeted by the official Devolver Digital account:
Doinksoft is best known for the 2D Metroidvania Gato Roboto. There’s no information about this new game right now, but Devolver Digital recently said it had five new games to reveal at its E3 showcase this year, including a mention of Doinksoft’s new game.
How would you feel about a physical-only Nintendo Switch release? Leave a comment down below.
Nintendo Life | Latest Updates
- How to watch Devolver Digital’s not-E3 2023 showcase, Devolver MaxPass+
- THQ Nordic publishing physical Star Wars Racer + Commando Combo and Jedi Knight Collection on Nintendo Switch
- Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water confirmed digital-only on Switch in the west, but going physical in Japan / Asia with English support
- Demon Throttle announced for Switch, physical-only game
- Devolver Digital Will Reveal Four New Games At This Year’s Summer Game Fest
- Nintendo To Give Forever Entertainment “Significant Financial Support” In New Publishing Deal
- 8 New Devolver Digital Games Appeared in Its June 2023 Stream
- Devolver Digital reportedly preparing IPO at £1bn valuation
- Devolver Digital will hold its E3 presentation on June 12
- Watch Devolver Digital’s E3 show here today