You’ll be able to try out Diablo 2: Resurrected for yourself in the very near future, Blizzard has confirmed. Two different betas will be taking place this month, both on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4.
The first beta kicks off this very weekend, starting from the 13th August. However, only those who have pre-ordered Diablo 2: Resurrected will be able to take part. It begins at 10AM PDT — that’s 6PM BST — and it runs until the end of the weekend.
The second beta is open to everyone — all you’ll need to do is download it from the PlayStation Store. Again, it’s a weekend gig, running from the 20th August at 10AM PDT.
So what’s actually in these betas? Well, you’ll have access to all of the game’s character classes: Paladin, Druid, Barbarian, Amazon, and Sorceress. It’ll only feature the first two story acts, but there’s no level cap. This means that you can try out different builds for each class, and see what they’re all about.
Oh, and both betas will allow up to eight players to band together, both in co-op and PvP.
Of course, it wouldn’t be right to cover anything Blizzard without bringing up the company’s current situation. As you may have heard, Blizzard is embroiled in a lawsuit over workplace harassment. Many of the accusations levelled at senior figures within the company are serious.
The ongoing investigation, and employee protests, have rightly cast a shadow over Blizzard’s recent operations — including the upcoming release of Diablo 2: Resurrected.
Will you be taking on the Diablo 2: Resurrected beta? Prepare for hell in the comments section below.
Push Square | Latest Updates
- Diablo 2 Resurrected Beta – Everything We Know About The Early Access Beta and Open Beta
- Diablo 2: Resurrected open beta kicks off next week, but some players will get in sooner
- Diablo 2 Resurrected Open Beta Confirmed for August
- Diablo II: Resurrected Open Beta – The Gates of Hell Are Open
- Diablo 2: Resurrected beta: Early access Aug. 13, open beta Aug. 20
- Windjammers 2 Open Beta Begins on PS4, PS5, and PC Tomorrow
- The Diablo 2: Resurrected open beta starts in August
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Early Access Starts August 13th for Pre-Orders; Open Beta Starts August 20th
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Open Beta Details Revealed, Quietly Removes Peer-to-Peer Multiplayer
- Chivalry 2 Open Beta Unleashes 64-Player Medieval Warfare on PS5, PS4 Next Week