Whenever I played Doom II, I just assumed the deadly Revenant was just wearing some red pants. Now, according to John Romero himself (in a very serious, not-at-all-joking tweet), we now know those pants are made out of flesh. Or as Romero calls them, flants.
Doom II’s Revenant is an annoying bastard who can quickly kill the Doomguy with its homing missiles. In the original game, it also sported bright red pants and what appeared to be some football pads with missile launchers stuck to the shoulders. Those pads are, as far as I know, not made of flesh. But the pants? Them pants are genuine flesh. I’d assume human flesh, but who knows? Actually, John Romero probably knows.
If you want to learn more about the Revenant and its powerful missiles, this video from Doom expert Decino is worth a watch. I also took the time last year to rank all the Doom demons, including our flants wearing pal The Revenant. (Spoilers: He did pretty well!)
You learn something new every day.
- DOOM Slayers Collection physical edition listed for Switch, includes DOOM 1-3, DOOM 2016, and DOOM 64
- The Dead Space remake’s dismemberment expands with a flesh peeling system
- Random: Feast Your Eyes On The Horror That Is Street Fighter Stars Rendered Flesh By Google AI
- Witcher fan wins Olympic gold medal while wearing Geralt’s medallion
- Twitch bans streamers for simulated earlicking ASMR in yoga pants
- Destiny 2 Xur Exotics – Telesto, Lucky Pants, Actium War Rig
- Destiny 2’s Lucky Pants are getting reworked
- You Can Claim A Scarf-Wearing Zarude And Shiny Celebi In Pokémon Sword And Shield
- John Romero’s unofficial Doom episode Sigil is getting a sequel for Doom 2 • Eurogamer.net
- The quiet awe of Installation 04, AKA the original Halo • Eurogamer.net