Square Enix closed out its 35th anniversary presentation for Dragon Quest with one final announcement. Dragon Quest XII has now been officially announced.
Series creator Yuji Horii said that Dragon Quest XII will be like Dragon Quest for adults. It’ll be about having options and choosing your own way of how to play. Furthermore, some decision will be made by a character that could change the whole game. The team plans to change the change the classic command battles; it won’t be removed entirely though.
Square Enix is aiming for simultaneous worldwide release with Dragon Quest XII. However, platforms and a release window are not yet known. Keep in mind that every mainline entry has appeared on a Nintendo system.
- Square Enix says Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Fate will ‘shape the next 10 to 20 years of Dragon Quest’
- Dragon Quest 12, Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D Remake announced for RPG series’ 35th Anniversary
- Top RPG News Of The Week: May 30th (Monster Hunter Rise, Dragon Quest XII, Xbox and Bethesda Showcase Plus More)
- Dragon Quest XII Revealed As A Dark RPG
- Dragon Quest creator teases Dragon Quest 12 reveal for 35th Anniversary live stream
- Square Enix reveals Dragon Quest spin-off Dragon Quest Treasures
- Dragon Quest 12 announced | PC Gamer
- An Offline Version Of Dragon Quest X Announced
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 new character Gogeta (Dragon Ball Super) announced
- Far Cry 6 Preview – Stoking The Flames