Investment to expand immersive gaming platform to over 1,000 retail locations by 2026
Electric Gamebox, an immersive gaming platform, has announced that it has raised $11 million in Series A2 funding.
The company said that the investment will be used to expand its retail footrpint to over 1,000 locations by 2026.
The funding round was led by Philian, along with participation from Brookfield Asset Management, Index Ventures, and ActivumSG.
The company has raised over $25 million in total investments.
“We are thrilled to be working with such legendary investors to accelerate our expansion and further our mission to bring people together through shared play; changing the way people think about video games,” said Electric Gamebox CEO Will Dean.
“We aim to elevate immersive entertainment to the next level, with 1,000+ units playing 100+ games in the next 5 years. The future of retail is experiential and we can’t wait to be a part of this transformation.”
Electric Gamebox was founded in 2018 by Dean and chief financial officer David Spindler.
- Bad Robot Games raises more than $40m in Series B funding
- GXC raises $4.73m in Series A funding
- Keen Games raises $10m in Series B funding round
- Mountaintop raises $30m in Series A funding
- Nifty Games raises $38m in Series B funding round
- AccelByte raises $10m in Series A funding
- Final Fantasy XIV's Getting Electric Guitars Two Ways
- Quicksave Interactive raises $1.5m in funding round
- Piepacker raises $3m in seed funding round
- Pipeline raises $2m in a seed funding