Frontier has announced a sequel to 2018’s post-apocalyptic adventure game FAR: Lone Sails called Changing Tides. It’s currently only announced for PC and consoles, but as the first game came to mobile last year it’s quite possible it could see a port later down the line.
FAR: Changing Tides offers a significant upgrade in graphics over its predecessor, but Frontier is calling it a “sister title” to Lone Sails rather than a straight-up sequel. Much like the first, it features ecstatic highs, mournful lows, and big mysteries to uncover.
At the centre of this is an evocative and poetic journey of a boy and his ship searching the world for answers. You can check out the announcement trailer for FAR: Changing Tides above. As you can see, it features the fantastical and familiar environments that made the first one such an iconic game.
Meanwhile, Changing Tides is also intended as a relaxing, meditative adventure. It’s scored by a hauntingly beautiful soundtrack set against a backdrop of exquisite and elegant scenery.
Although the original game launched on PC and consoles in 2018, a mobile version landed on iOS and Android last year. FAR: Changing Tides is currently not confirmed for mobile, but it always stands as a possibility that it could make its way over there eventually.
FAR: Changing Tides will be available for PC, Nintendo Switch, PS5, Xbox Series X and S, PS4 and Xbox One later this year. Meanwhile, you can check out FAR: Lone Sails on the iOS App Store and the Google Play for Android store where it is a paid title that costs £3.99.
Latest Articles | Pocket Gamer
- Far: Changing Tides, a meditative side-scrolling adventure puzzle game
- In Far: Changing Tides your ramshackle sailboat transforms into a sweet submarine
- Presenting Far: Changing Tides – Xbox Wire
- Golf Club: Wasteland is a Post-Apocalyptic Golfing Game with Cozy Chill Vibes
- Hit The Post-Apocalyptic Links In Golf Club Wasteland On September 3
- Post-Apocalyptic 4X Strategy Title Punk Wars Announced
- Golf Club Wasteland Is A Post-Apocalyptic Golf Platformer
- Post-apocalyptic cRPG Broken Roads looks like an Australian Fallout • Eurogamer.net
- Broken Roads A Post Apocalyptic RPG Set in Australia Announced
- Cloud Gardens, a cool post-apocalyptic gardening sim, is out now