FIFA 21 is the best-selling boxed video game of the week in the UK, driven by some pricing deals that had the game below £15.
Sales improved by 59% week-on-week as the football season came to close and excitement for the European Championships begin.
It was a very quiet week for the games market, illustrated by the fact Animal Crossing: New Horizons is back up to No.2 despite sales of the game dropping 11% week-on-week. Mario Kart 8: Deluxe also races up to No.3 despite a 10% sales fall.
Last week’s No.1, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, is down to No.4 after a 71% drop in sales. The game jumps up and down the charts depending on the availability of new PS5 hardware. This week, the PS4 version of the game actually increased in sales.
Last week’s No.2, Biomutant by THQ Nordic, has dropped down to No.16 after an 80% drop in boxed sales.
Elsewhere, price activity on PS4 games continues to benefit Ghost of Tsushima, which is up to No.11 after a 32% asles increase. The Last of US: Part 2, however, slips from No.3 to No.6 after a 46% sales dip.
There is one new release in the charts in the former of Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts 2, which makes No.12 in this week’s charts. 58% of sales are on PS4 with the remainder on Xbox One.
In terms of other recent releases, Mass Effect: Legendary Edition is down to No.14 (sales down 42% week-on-week), Miitopia holds firm at No.9 (sales down 19%) and Resident Evil: Village is now at No.5 (down 40%).
Next week sees another PS5 exclusive come to market in the form of Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart.
Here is the GfK Top Ten for the week ending June 5, 2023:
|Last Week||This Week||Title|
|6||2||Animal Crossing: New Horizons|
|7||3||Mario Kart 8: Deluxe|
|1||4||Spider-Man: Miles Morales|
|4||5||Resident Evil: Village|
|5||6||Assassin’s Creeed Valhalla|
|3||8||The Last of Us: Part 2|
|10||10||Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury|
- PS5 dominates boxed charts led by Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut | UK Charts
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart sells more in its second week than its first | UK Boxed Charts
- The Week In Games: A Quiet Summer Week
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is the latest PS5 exclusive to claim No.1 | UK Boxed Charts
- Mario Golf: Super Rush ends Ratchet & Clank's stay at the top | UK Boxed Charts
- Mario Golf retains No.1 and Zelda: Breath of the Wild returns to Top Ten | UK Boxed Charts
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart returns to No.1 after PS5 stock boost | UK Boxed Charts
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD is the fourth Zelda to reach No.1 | UK Boxed Charts
- F1 2023 holds No.1 spot as PS5 titles dwindle | UK Boxed Charts
- Mario Kart 8, Grand Theft Auto 5 and Minecraft return to the top | UK Boxed Charts