Three ex-Giant Bomb members have unveiled a new podcast and streaming project titled Nextlander.
The project is headed by former editor Alex Navarro, senior editor Brad Shoemaker and head of video Vincent Caravella.
Nextlander launched with a Patreon page, which has over 9,000 backers as of writing. Alongside podcasts and streaming, the team pledges to create Patreon-exclusive content.
“With decades of experience covering and producing content around the game industry, we’ve decided to strike out on our own and produce the kinds of shows and streams we’ve always wanted to make,” Nextlander’s Patreon page reads.
The trio announced their departure from Giant Bomb last month. Shoemaker and Caravella had been at the company since the start, while Navarro joined in 2012.
Giant Bomb was acquired by Red Ventures in September last year, alongside sister publications GameSpot, Metacritic and CNET.
- Bomb Club lets you bomb everything in a chain reaction of explosions, out now on iOS and Android | Articles
- Former Shin Megami Tensei staff to reveal new title on 10th June
- Monark Is The New RPG From Former Shin Megami Tensei Staff
- Over 1,000 current and former Activision Blizzard staff decry response to lawsuit
- Former Megami Tensei and Shin Megami Tensei staff announce Monark for Nintendo Switch
- Project Magnum, Project HP, Project Overkill, & More
- Several key staff who worked on Borderlands have started their own independent project
- Bomb Rush Cyberfunk Is Basically a Brand New Jet Set Radio Game Coming in 2023
- Lost Judgment’s Simultaneous Global Launch Has “Tripled the Struggles for the Entire Development Staff”
- The Last Kids on Earth and the Staff of Doom launch trailer