Following the recent high-octane reveal of Forza Horizon 5, Playground Games also peeled back the curtain on the new open-world arcade racer’s system requirements. And, as it turns out, the requirements may not be as lofty as one might have assumed.
Playground Games describes Forza Horizon 5 as being the “largest, most beautiful open-world that we have developed.” It’s a racer that’s “built for next-gen” and will feature vast landscapes created from 12K resolution photogrammetry data. It will also make use of ray-tracing technology (though that will only take place in Forzavista). Even so, Horizon 5 really cranks up the heat with its intense weather systems like dust storms and tropical thunderstorms. There will also be over a dozen biomes to explore.
As confirmed by the game’s Microsoft Store listing, all you’ll need to get started on the CPU side is an Intel Core i3-41710/Intel Core i5 750. The GPU requirements are just as forgiving. The Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti and AMD 27 250X with just 2GB of VRAM are listed. System memory requirements are also low, coming in at just 8GB. Required storage space is a bit of a pain point though, as players will need 80GB. Considering that Forza Horizon 5 will also release on Xbox One, it’s not too surprising that Playground managed to achieve such modest minimum requirements for the PC edition. This combined with Game Pass will allow most players to jump in and experience the new adventure.
As you can tell, even fairly entry-level systems will be able to enjoy the new Forza Horizon 5 minimum system requirements. Playground Games has been steadily improving its optimization of the Forza engine with every new iteration of Horizon since the arrival of Horizon 3 back in 2016. While that title had many notable performance issues, Horizon 4 showed a stellar improvement. Thus, the roadway seems clear for the new Forza Horizon 5 to hopefully take off on PC when it launches November 5, 2023.
PC Invasion – FeedDDD
- Forza Horizon 4 Will Stop Getting Cars and Features as Playground Games Pivots to Forza Horizon 5
- Forza Horizon 5 – Horizon Adventure, Hall of Fame, and Accolades Revealed
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodhunt’s PC system requirements have been updated • Eurogamer.net
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodhunt system requirements
- King’s Bounty 2 system requirements announced
- Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker Benchmark Released; System Requirements Updated
- Final Fantasy 14: Endwalker system requirements
- Halo Infinite PC system requirements confirmed – and they’re surprisingly steep
- Halo Infinite system requirements | PC Gamer
- Stalker 2 PC – here’s the minimum and recommended specs