It still feels like we’re getting over the E3 period, and now Gamescom is mere weeks away. This year’s major gaming events have been a little more splintered than usual, with Sony doing its own thing, E3 and Summer Game Fest vying for your attention in June, and then straggling publishers like EA and Annapurna Interactive in July. The show must go on, though, and Gamescom Opening Night Live is ready to roll on 25th August.
Geoff Keighley, who produces and presents the show, has shared his excitement for the event, which will be presented live, as is his wont. The hypemaster himself has given out a couple of details in a recent tweet, telling us roughly what to expect from the upcoming showcase:
Keighley states that the show will run for two hours, and will feature “this holiday’s biggest upcoming video games and what lies beyond”. So, basically like any other event of this ilk. It’s not much to go on, but by the sound of it, major publishers will be taking part; whether Sony will appear somewhere in the schedule, we’ll have to see.
We also now have a time. Opening Night Live will broadcast on 25th August at 11am PDT / 2pm EDT / 7pm BST, so it seems the show’s largest audiences will all be able to tune in at a decent hour. Praise be to the Dorito Pope.
Are you excited for Gamescom Opening Night Live? What do you want to show up during the event? Discuss in the comments section below.
Push Square | Latest Updates
- Opening Night Live returns with gamescom 2022, with two hours of new and upcoming games
- The Biggest Announcements From gamescom 2022 Opening Night Live
- Gamescom 2022 Opening Night Live: the 8 biggest announcements
- All the best bits from Gamescom Opening Night Live • Eurogamer.net
- Here’s when you can watch Gamescom’s Opening Night Live announcement show • Eurogamer.net
- Here’s when you can watch Gamescom’s Opening Night Live
- LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga confirmed for Gamescom: Opening Night Live
- When Is Gamescom Opening Night Live 2022?
- Gamescom Opening Night Live 2022 will have a “world premiere first look at LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga”
- LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Comes Out of Hiding at Gamescom Opening Night Live