Genvid Technologies parent company Genvid Holdings announced that it’s raised $113 million in Series C Funding to run more interactive live events like last year’s Facebook project Rival Peak.
The company has announced that the money will be largely directed toward forming a new interactive event publishing subsidiary called Genvid Entertainment. Genvid Entertainment will be responsible for “producing and publishing” massive interactive live events (“MILEs”) like Rival Peak.
It will apparently be partnering with “major IP holders” to create these events, which if they’re anything like Rival Peak, will feature audience interaction with in-game characters to create an unfolding, algorithmically-driven story.
Former Netflix VP of Original Programming Cindy Holland will also be joining Genvid in “an advisory role,” to help with content strategy and acquisition.
Rival Peak didn’t make huge waves in the video game scene, but its interesting technology and reality show-meets-video game format appear to have stirred up some interest from the investor class.
Gamasutra Console/PC News
- India’s gaming market to grow 113% by 2025 – KPMG
- Run Prop, Run! is a prop hunter multiplayer game coming out 23rd June | Articles
- Sony acquires The Playroom and Run Sackboy Run studio Firesprite
- Quicksave Interactive raises $1.5m in funding round
- New Star Citizen Video Features Dynamic Events & More as Crowdfunding Passes $374 Million
- New Dying Light 2 Video Shares More About The Story, Open-World Events, Factions, And More
- Live: Watch the Annapurna Interactive Showcase Right Here
- Paradox Interactive publisher sale is live, with three games free to play over the weekend
- Limited Run Games E3 2023 press conference live stream
- Watch: Annapurna Interactive Showcase – Live!