Apple has unveiled the winners of its 2023 Design Awards, celebrating design, innovation, inclusivity and social impact among game and app developers.
Aconite’s HoloVista took home an award in the Inclusivity category for its accessibility efforts. The game comes with options for motion control, text sizes and visual alterations for players.
Pok Pok Playroom, developed by Belgian studio Pok Pok, picked up an award in the Delight and Fun category, dubbed as a “playful and beautifully animated app”.
British studio The Chinese Room also won in the same category for platforming title Little Orpheus, commended for its “console-like experience.”
Additionally, Candian developer George Batchelor picked up an Interaction award for Bird Alone, a mobile title that lets users chat with a nice bird. The game was commended for its notification integration and dynamic music that changes with real time weather and seasons.
Genshin Impact made an appearance, picking up an award in the Visuals and Graphics category. MiHoYo’s RPG title took the world by storm last year, and recently passed the $1 billion revenue milestone on mobile.
League of Legends: Wild Rift took home an Innovation award for its effort in crafting a mobile-first experience of a PC title.
Two Social Impact awards also went out — one to Be My Eyes, an app that allows colour-blind users to identify the colour of real world objects — and Alba: A Wildlife Adenture, by UK studio ustwogames.
Alba is also a nominee for the best mobile game at the 2023 GDC Awards, which takes place next month.
- Ustwo's Alba wins Game of the Year at Games for Change Awards
- Apple Arcade-exclusive Alba: A Wildlife Adventure comes to consoles | Articles
- 8th Annual Bloxy Awards: Complete Winners List
- Here are the winners in the AU$15,254 2023 Australian PC Awards prize pool
- Gamescom Awards 2023 winners announced
- The 2023 winners for the Inaugural Global Game Industry Awards have been announced
- Ubisoft, Ustwo, Wooga among Green Game Jam 2023 winners
- Alba: A Wildlife Adventure Is Now Available For Xbox One And Xbox Series X|S
- Alba: A Wildlife Adventure, 2023’s best mobile game, comes to Switch
- Rumour: Apple acquires rights to Spyro the Dragon and Crash Bandicoot animated series for Apple TV+