Mass Effect Legendary Edition is finally here, bringing the entire original trilogy to the current generation of consoles. Complete with 4K visuals, 60 FPS framerates, enhanced textures, lighting and shadow effects and over 60 bits of DLC across all three games, there’s a ton of content packed into one convenient package. But is this $60 remaster worth the price of entry?
To help you figure that out, we’re going to run through a few different factors: Story, Gameplay and Improvements.
The Mass Effect trilogy’s storyline is (arguably) one of the very best you can experience in video games, and comes from developer BioWare during its prime.
It’s all a bit of a space opera, with epic battles, plenty of in-depth conversations, and more lore surrounding the galaxy’s various planets, species, and civilizations than you can shake a stick at.
Whether you’re a series veteran or a complete newcomer, there’s something to still enjoy here. Veterans can try (and most likely fail) to try a different build, make different decisions, and romance a different crew member (you’re going to romance Garrus, though… again). Newcomers get to experience one of the biggest and best sci-fi RPGs of our time and see what all the fuss is about. Plus, you get to enjoy it with all of the visual and gameplay enhancements, which definitely help iron out a lot of the first game’s issues.
All we would say is brace yourselves for Mass Effect 3’s ending. It was divisive… at the least.
- 10 Things About Mass Effect You Might Not Know About After Playing Mass Effect Legendary Edition
- Mass Effect: Legendary Edition – 15 Things You NEED To Know Before You Buy
- Five Things You Need to Know Before You Play Mass Effect Legendary Edition
- 10 Best Squad Mates In Mass Effect – Before You Play Mass Effect Legendary Edition
- Mass Effect: Legendary Edition – 12 NEW Things You NEED TO KNOW
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition changes Tali’s photo in Mass Effect 3
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Build Guide: Engineer (Mass Effect 1)
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Build Guide: Vanguard (Mass Effect 1)
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Build Guide: Adept (Mass Effect 1)
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Review Part 1: Mass Effect