Scavengers has officially released into Steam Early access and early impressions have been… mixed. There’s a lot I like about this game, but so far for many it’s failed to impress. Why is that? Let’s take a look at what’s good, what’s bad, and what needs work.
This is a brand new squad based, third-person shooter that combines elements of survival, sandbox PvE, and competitive PvP. You’ll team up in squads of three, everyone choosing their own Explorer, which are basically classes with unique abilities and weapons. Then you spawn in, and work together scavenging, gathering resources, fighting off AI and other players while you complete objectives, gather data, and try to survive till the end.
It’s a pretty interesting combination and blending of genres. There are survival elements as you try to stave off cold and hunger, PvE with you completing objectives while fighting various factions of AI enemies, and of course competitive PvP as you battle other players to steal their data, while trying to stay alive yourself.
At this point I’ve played several hours of the game, just recently getting a chance to check out the latest build before it comes to Steam. So today I wanted to go over everything I know, talk a bit about my experience, and give you some general impressions from what I’ve seen so far.
Headphones: V-MODA Crossfade M-100 https://amzn.to/3w7NVNk
Mic: Shure SM7B https://amzn.to/2NZdWxn
Mixer: GOXLR Mini https://amzn.to/2P60jgu
Computer: Doghouse Armor TL https://www.doghousesystems.com/ (use code FORCE for free 500GB SSD with purchase of any system)
Thanks for watching!
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Not Leaving Early Access Before 2022; Patch 5, Early Access Development and More
- Moloch in SMT V Won’t Take Any Bull From Any Demon
- Is PSO2 New Genesis Any Good? (First Impressions)
- Is the Dodoco Tales any good?
- The Witcher Pokmon Go-like game is out, but is it any good? • Eurogamer.net
- Is Hood Outlaws & Legends Any Good? (First Impressions)
- Talking Point: Was Sony’s Latest State of Play Livestream Any Good?
- Is Ashes of Creation Any Good? (Alpha Impressions & Thoughts)
- Was Gamescom Opening Night Live Any Good? – Talking Point
- Lorentz Driver guide — How to get the catalyst and is it any good