Every Pokemon is interesting and worth talking about. I don’t play a ton of Pokemon, but I do enjoy the universe and I love learning more about the creatures in it. So, Here’s Another Pokemon! It’s Komala!
Average Height: 1′ 04″
Average Weight: 43.9 lbs.
First Added In Generation VII
I’m not a big fan of sleep. I do it, but I always fight it, especially when I don’t have a reason to go to bed at a decent time. I’ve always repeated the old phrase “I’ll sleep when I’m dead” whenever asked about my reluctance to sleep. However, for Komala, I’d adjust the phrase to “I’ll sleep until I’m dead.” That’s because Komala is born sleeping, lives its whole life asleep, and then dies without ever waking up. That’s dark shit. But it shouldn’t be too surprising, considering I told you in the headline what to expect.
Komala is a tiny, koala-like Pokemon whose entire life is one giant nap. According to multiple Pokedex entries, it’s born asleep and just… doesn’t wake up. When you see it moving or its face twitching, that’s just the result of it dreaming. While it sleeps it apparently is able to eat, go to the bathroom, and even battle. All the while it sleeps, blissfully unaware of the world around it.
I can’t help but think how odd that life must be. To never wake up. To be born in your dreams and to live your life entirely within your own mind. In a way, it would never know it existed at all. Can a being, trapped in its dreams since the moment it was created, ever know it was even alive? And how does a being like that comprehend its “world” and its life? These questions don’t have answers, or if they do, they are too sad to dwell on.
But also, like… how’s it fuck? Think about that! It can’t just sit around sleeping all day. It needs to breed. It needs to get down and get busy, otherwise, there won’t be many Komala’s sleepwalking around.
- Komala sleeps with a log. If you take away its log it gets cranky. I knew some folks who had this same problem but with Garrus body pillows.
- Get your Dropbear jokes out of your system. I’ll wait. Ok. Good? Moving on.
- According to some, if you take its saliva and eat it (gross) you’ll sleep better. I think there are at least five other Pokemon who can help you sleep and you don’t even have to drink their spit.
Best Comment From Last Week
Heatmor doesn’t know what they’re missing.
Yeah, come on Heatmor. Be more adventurous.
Here’s Another Pokemon is a weekly look into one Pokemon and how weird, disturbing, silly, or cool it is and why. Catch new entries each weekend and click here to see all of the past Pokemon we have covered.
- Patron review – Born to build and survive
- Kingdom Come Developer Reveals Switch Version Was Born Out Of A “Happy Mistake”
- Words with Friends partners with Lady Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation for #BeKind2021 campaign | Articles
- If We Have to See Struggling, a Grotesque Co-Op Platformer Coming to PS4, Then So Do You
- The Demon Slayer Anime Returns this Fall, With 5 Specials to Air Before Then
- SEGA PR calls new Sonic 2022 game Sonic Rangers then removes name – My Nintendo News
- Everyone got excited about Warzone’s new loadout-editing feature, then it was removed
- Ubisoft Screws Up DRM Servers, Then Somehow Makes Things Worse
- Settlers review: A sci-fi movie questions a Martian colony, then falls apart
- Call of Duty: Warzone adds then immediately removes useful loadout feature