A new update for Mass Effect Legendary Edition is available to download now on PlayStation 4 (and PlayStation 5 via backwards compatibility). Patch 1.03 makes some mostly minor adjustments, but it all adds up.
Most notably, the update should fix an issue that was stopping players from popping specific, long-term Trophies — like the ones that track overall kill counts. What’s more, some slightly distracting jank has been taken care of. The patch notes mention fixes for incorrect eye animations, which should stop Shepard and the gang from looking like they’re possessed during certain cutscenes.
And finally, if you ever thought those mass relay jumps were way too loud, then you’ll be happy to hear that this update lowers the volume.
Mass Effect Legendary Edition Update 1.03 Patch Notes
- English spoken dialogue can now be selected separately from subtitle language
- Resolved issues with unlocking some achievements/trophies, such as the Paramours or kill count trackers
- Corrected pre-rendered cutscenes that were darker than intended after the previous update
- Improved PC performance across various hardware configurations, including on Virmire
- Other minor calibrations and fixes, including some instances of crashing
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from reaching the max level
- Fixed an issue where tier VII Spectre – Master Gear was inaccessible
- Various collision improvements
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the ability to interact with objects
- Lowered audio volume on Mass Relay load screens
- Improved eye animations for male characters in some scenes
Mass Effect 2
- Toned down the intensity of fog on Illium
- Fixed an issue where a character’s eyes at the end of the Overlord DLC were unintentionally red
- Reduced the max credits that can be carried from Mass Effect to Mass Effect 2 down to 100k for more balanced early-game progression
- Credit carryover maximum now matches carryover from the original release
- Posthumous banking fees are a lot! It’s a great way to dodge taxes.
Mass Effect 3
- Resolved an issue where English dialogue no longer played during the Citadel DLC for German and Italian localizations
- Fixed an issue where some key characters weren’t appearing as intended during the Citadel DLC
Are you still playing through the Mass Effect trilogy? Warn everyone about the Reapers in the comments section below.
Push Square | Latest Updates
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Finally Fixes Weird Human NPC That Was Supposed To Be Turian
- Mass Effect: Legendary Edition Patch Update Fixes Loud Relay Jumps and More
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition patch boosts PC performance, fixes Virmire
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition changes Tali’s photo in Mass Effect 3
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Build Guide: Engineer (Mass Effect 1)
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Build Guide: Vanguard (Mass Effect 1)
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Build Guide: Adept (Mass Effect 1)
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Review Part 1: Mass Effect
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Build Guide: Sentinel (Mass Effect 1)
- 10 Things About Mass Effect You Might Not Know About After Playing Mass Effect Legendary Edition