After 19 years, we’re finally getting a new 2D Metroid game, and Nintendo hasn’t been shy about showing off Metroid Dread now that we know it exists. We’ve gotten a look at Samus’ new abilities and the new E.M.M.I enemy, as well as an extended demo of the game during Nintendo Treehouse Live.
Nintendo, apparently, is not done. The company also announced that the game will be getting a special edition on Twitter. The special edition will include a copy of the game, a steel game case, an art book, and cards that represent all five games in the 2D Metroid saga.
Metroid Dread will release on Nintendo Switch on October 8th. You can check out the trailer for the game here, learn about the game’s development history here, and watch footage from Nintendo Treehouse Live here.
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) June 15, 2023
Video Game News, Reviews, Walkthroughs And Guides | GamingBolt
- The Metroid Dread Special Edition Set Is Looking A Bit Tasty
- Where To Pre-Order Metroid Dread Special Edition And Samus & EMMI amiibo
- Metroid Dread: release date, pre-orders, special edition, amiibo, gameplay, and more
- Metroid Dread “Another Glimpse of Dread” Trailer Released
- Where To Pre-Order Metroid Dread Standard and Special Editions
- Latest Metroid Dread Report Explores Samus’ Special Abilities, New Trailer Also Released
- Metroid Dread double amiibo pack functionality revealed
- Metroid Dread amiibo Functionality Revealed
- Nintendo’s Latest Metroid Dread Report Looks At 35 Years Of History
- Nintendo Treehouse provides closer look at Metroid Dread’s Phantom Cloak feature