Just like the last trailer, the latest spot starts out with Los Angeles Lakers and recently playoff-eliminated NBA superstar Lebron James showing up in the animated world of the Looney Tunes. James, who plays himself in the movie, gets transported into the alternate world through some kind of computer program which he compares to The Matrix. Though it’s bit more like Tron, one of the few movies the trailer does not reference.
Once James gets sucked into the digital reality, the Space Jam: A New Legacy trailer relegates the robust lineup of Warner Brothers characters to the background behind Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. Yes, the Iron Giant still fist bumps King Kong, but now there are Taz and Tweety Bird jokes. In the sequel, the toons use their ridiculous Acme antics to score against their rivals the Goon Squad, including a cloning device that allows Wile E. Coyote to rack up buckets.
Space Jam: A New Legacy is set to release in theaters and on HBO Max on July 16.
Polygon – All
- Candy Crush Saga welcomes a candified LeBron James in Space Jam: A New Legacy collab event | Articles
- LeBron James comes to Fortnite for Space Jam 2
- LeBron James and the Tune Squad bounce their way into Looney Tunes: World of Mayhem | Articles
- ‘Shop Contest: LeBron James Toy
- LeBron James Joins Fortnite’s Icon Series
- Looks like Fortnite is getting a LeBron James skin
- Fortnite leakers say Lebron James is coming to the game as an Icon Series skin
- Yes, NBA Legend LeBron James Really Is Coming to Fortnite
- You can soon dunk on everyone as Lebron James in Fortnite
- Here’s LeBron James in Fortnite • Eurogamer.net