Metroid Dread was one of the biggest announcements from Nintendo’s E3 showcase, so it’s only fair that it gets extra airtime during the Treehouse Stream. Earlier tonight, we were shown some excellent new features including the Omega Blaster upgrade and a cool slide move for our favourite intergalactic traveller. However, the star of the show is Samus’ new Aeion ability, the Phantom Cloak.
According to the Treehouse stream, Aeion abilities play differently in Metroid Dread. After Samus acquires the Phantom Cloak from a devilish looking boss, she can become invisible for a limited amount of time and can then progress through ‘presence doors’. However, this superb power-up does come with a few downsides too. Not only will Samus move much slower with the cloak, but it will also begin to deplete her health after a certain amount of time. Here, Metroid fans will need to use the Phantom Cloak strategically, making sure not to rely on its unique nature.
Thankfully, fans won’t need to wait too long before they can embark on their new space adventure when Metroid Dread releases for Nintendo Switch on 8th October.
Source: Nintendo Treehouse
My Nintendo News
- A closer look at PS5’s Game Help feature – PlayStation.Blog
- Treehouse stream confirms Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re-Boot Camp will feature online mode and fast animations
- Genshin Impact Phantom Flow event | Phantom Flow challenges and rewards
- Treehouse: quick look at Wario Ware: Get It Together! shows co-op play, 9-Volt levels and more
- Forspoken story trailer provides a more in-depth look at the spring 2023 title
- A closer look inside Die Hard’s Nakatomi Plaza, now in Warzone – PlayStation.Blog
- Get a Closer Look at the Monsters in Dying Light 2 Stay Human
- Take a closer look at Steam Deck’s trackpad and gyro controls
- A closer look at the Pokemon-themed Switch Lite
- Dying Light 2 Devs Share Closer Look At Renegade Faction, Choice Impact On Multiplayer