The GamesIndustry.biz team gather around their mics to discuss the biggest news of the week: A new Nintendo Switch.
Not the the Switch Pro, New Nintendo Switch or Super Switch that had been rumoured and reported on for so long, but the OLED Model with a larger screen, wider kickstand and LAN port.
We discuss the root of the disappointment around its reveal, the implications of this handheld-centric update, who the new console appeals to and the consumer mentality around hardware upgrades.
You can listen to our latest episode in the player above, subscribe to our directly here. It is also available via Spotify, iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Overcast, Player FM, TuneIn and other widely-used podcast platforms.
Title music composed by Thomas Marchant. Episode mastered by Thomas Quillfeldt.
If you haven’t already, check the podcast feed for our GI at E3 Newscasts, where we delved deeper into each showcase with the help of industry guests. You can also find the original video versions of this series on our YouTube channel.
- PlayStation State of Play Verdict, and Switch OLED disappointment - VG247’s Definitely Not a Podcast Video Chat #3
- Nintendo reiterates to The Verge that new Switch OLED model “does not have a new CPU, or more RAM”
- Nintendo unveils new Switch OLED model
- The New Nintendo Switch OLED Doesn't Need 4K Or Improved Specs
- Random: The Internet Reacts To The New Switch OLED Model
- Switch OLED vs Steam Deck: The (non) battle of the new handhelds
- The NEW Nintendo Switch OLED Model Just Feels Off...
- Nintendo Will Not Release A New Model After OLED Nintendo Switch
- No new model planned for Switch as Nintendo denies OLED margin increase
- A New Range Of Colourful Switch Accessories Launches Just In Time For Switch OLED (UK)