Today Sega released its financial results for the first quarter of the fiscal year and announced a milestone for Phantasy Star Online 2.
Today Sega released its financial results for the first quarter of the fiscal year, which ended on June 30, 2022.
First of all, we get some news about Phantasy Star Online 2 and its spin-off Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis, which share their userbase.
The games have generated cumulative sales of 100 billion yen (about $911 million) worldwide. Registered users have passed 9 million (6.5 million in Japan and 2.5 million overseas), and the release of New Genesis achieved the largest number of monthly active users ever for the game both in Japan and overseas in June 2022.
Moving on to Sega’s overall results, net sales were ¥59,447 million (+22.9% year-on-year), while operating
income was ¥3,844 million, which basically reverts the previous year’s result which was an operating loss.
The Entertainment Contents business, which includes games, exceeded expectations due to steady sales of new games and repeat sales of older titles.
According to the forecast for the full fiscal year, Sega expects an increase of launches of new games and also an increase of R&D and advertisement expenses.
Sales for the Entertainment content business were ¥47,440 million (+5.1% year-on-year) and ordinary income was ¥8,533 million (+3.1% year-on-year).
If you’d like to compare, you can check out the results from the previous quarter, released in May.
- PSO2 New Genesis Registered Users Exceed 9 Million Worldwide
- Sega Explains Why PSO2 New Genesis Isn’t Phantasy Star Online 3
- Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis Release Date Announced by Sega
- Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis Introduces “Trainee Line” AC Scratch With New Trailer
- Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis release date set for next week
- Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis Gets Introduced by PSO2Comi’s Characters In Funny Videos
- Braver Comes to Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis
- Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis Announced to be Launching June 9th
- Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis set to launch a week from today
- Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis -Start Dash Rappy Edition- Is Now Available For Xbox One And Xbox Series X|S