Who would have expected this? After returning to the PlayStation Store on 21st June 2023, Cyberpunk 2077 managed to become the best-selling PS4 title for the entire month in the space of just nine days. The latest PS Store sales chart puts the CD Projekt RED RPG in first place for both the European and US territories, fending off competition from Grand Theft Auto V and FIFA 21 in second place. When the game was put back on the PS Store, Sony said that “work on the PS4 version continues, with fixes and updates to be released throughout the year”. That warning clearly wasn’t enough to dissuade interested buyers from purchasing it.
On PS5, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart debuted in first place for both regions. Chivalry 2 also did well for itself, claiming second place in the US and third in Europe. Guilty Gear Strive took fourth spot in the US while Scarlet Nexus can be found in fifth. The two titles performed much worse in Europe, however, taking 18th and 15th respectively. The most popular PSVR game continues to be Beat Saber and Fortnite was the highest-grossing free-to-play title. Business as usual there then.
It’s great to see Insomniac Games topping another sales chart, but the big story here really is that Cyberpunk 2077 went straight back to the top as soon as it returned to the PS Store. The game has always been available physically, but clearly, a lot of PS5 and PS4 users were waiting for its digital comeback. Were you one of them? Tell us why in the comments below.
Push Square | Latest Updates
- Cyberpunk 2077 Will Return to the PlayStation Store on the 21st June
- Cyberpunk 2077 will return to PlayStation Store in June
- Sony Recommends Playing Cyberpunk 2077 on PS5, PS4 Pro Once It Returns to the PlayStation Store
- UK Sales Charts: New Releases Like Tales of Arise Selling Best on PS5
- UK Sales Charts: Ratchet & Clank, Spider-Man Return While F1 2023 Takes Pole Position
- NPD June 2023: Xbox Series best-selling hardware platform in dollar sales, Nintendo Switch led in unit sales, Ratchet & Clank No.1
- Cyberpunk 2077 Was The Most Popular PS4 Game In June
- CD Projekt’s first full quarter since Cyberpunk 2077 release sees sales up 2%
- UK Sales Charts: GTA 5 Just Keeps on Selling, Hades Makes Top 10
- There’s Not a Single PS5, PS4 Game in the Japanese Sales Charts