This story is part of a group of stories called
E3 2023 takes place June 12-15 as a re-imagined, all-virtual online event. Nintendo, Xbox, Bethesda, Square Enix, Sega, Bandai Namco, Ubisoft, Capcom, and others will deliver new video game announcements, trailers, release dates, and more.
Rainbow Six Siege is one of the most popular multiplayer shooters around on both console and PC and it’s finally getting cross-play … but with some caveats. The announcement came at Ubisoft’s E3 2023 presentation on Saturday.
On June 30, Ubisoft will add cross-play and cross-progression to Rainbow Six Siege between all of its various PC platforms including standard PC, Google Stadia, and Amazon Luna. Players from all three platforms will be able to queue into games together. For consoles, cross-play will be released in early 2023, when players on PlayStation and Xbox will be able to jump into games together. It does not appear that Ubisoft will let PC and console players compete together, which shouldn’t be much of a surprise.
According to Ubisoft’s announcement, these updates will also include cross-progression across “all platforms” as part of one unified account, so you can earn rewards no matter where you’re playing.
Right after the announcement of cross-play and cross-progression, Ubisoft also gave fans a new look at the game’s newest Defensive Operator, Thunderbird. The Thunderbird preview came in the form of an gorgeous animated trailer where the new Operator takes on a bear with a flare gun and lives to tell the tale.
Thunderbird will be available as part of Siege’s North Star update and event, which starts next week on June 14.
Polygon – All
- Ubisoft isn’t Worried About Rainbow Six Siege and Rainbow Six Extraction Cannibalizing Each Other
- Looks like Rainbow Six Siege gets a Rainbow Six Extraction event in August
- Rainbow Six Siege cross-play comes “early 2023”, but keeps PC and console separate
- Rainbow Six Extraction is the official new name for Rainbow Six Quarantine
- Battlefield 2042 Cross-Play and Cross-Progression Confirmed
- Cross-play and cross-progression in the works for Battlefield 2042, to be tested in tech test
- Rainbow Six Siege’s platinum and diamond ranks are getting easier to earn this season
- Battlefield 2042 cross-play, cross-progression confirmed, beta test delayed
- The New War launches with cross-play, cross progression
- Rainbow Six Siege is getting an Extraction-themed limited-time event