For those of you who might not be aware, the PlayStation 5 recently launched in mainland China. On 15th May 2022, Sony’s flagship console officially arrived in the country, as has been documented by industry analyst Daniel Ahmad.
There isn’t much that’s too extraordinary about the machine’s Chinese launch, aside from strict regulations making for a much slimmer lineup of software on day one than other regions. Still, demand has been high, with pre-orders selling out at major retailers. One little extra at Sony’s own stores, however, marks the occasion pretty nicely.
Twitter user NineSenpai noted that fans who bought a PS5 from Sony shops also received a “special launch gift”, which includes a pair of official pin badges: one of the PlayStation logo, and another depicting the Platinum Trophy:
You can see it in the fourth image above. NineSenpai also says Tatsuo Eguchi, head of PlayStation China, came out to greet queueing customers, and was even signing PS5 consoles. Those badges are certainly a nice extra, though. We’d love one if you have any going spare, Sony. You know, to show how
uncool we are.
Anyway, PS5 is now officially available in China, and if you’re lucky, you’ll get these pin badges when you make a purchase.
Push Square | Latest Updates
- Apex Legends Update Re-Enables Arenas Leaver Penalties & Adds Pride Badge for All Players
- NBA 2K22 Brings Back The W, Adding A New Badge Progression System
- Amazon UK offering cotton bag and pixel heart pin with No More Heroes 3 purchase
- US: GameStop offering free pin set with pre-orders of the Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Double Pack
- US: Metroid Dread pre-orders from GameStop include a free pin set
- US: WarioWare: Get It Together button pin set reward now available from My Nintendo
- Beware This Trophy in PS5 Stunner Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Upcoming PS5 Firmware Will Display Trophy Lists Vertically
- Beta PS5 Update Adds M.2 SSD Support, 3D Audio Sound For TV Speakers, New Trophy Trackers, And More
- Train Sim World 2 on PS5 Has the Largest Trophy List in History