Recently, an article on a Japanese news site claimed that Evangelion creator Hideaki Anno was doing “a new version” of an anime that “everyone knows” in Japan. The article added that the original iconic anime was directed by someone else, and the information claimed to be from a studio staffer. Speculation ran wild.
Online, people wondered if Anno was remaking Nausicaä (Shin Nausicaä?) or something else from Studio Ghibli. Others wondered if he was doing something like Sazae-san (Shin Sazae-san?) or Crayon Shin-chan (Shin Crayon Shin-chan?). Whatever could it be?
Anno’s studio, Studio Khara, issued a statement denying the rumor flat out, writing that “it is not true.” Moreover, the studio added that no one connected to Khara was officially interviewed for the article. (The studio’s Twitter account added that Anno is not even currently planning to direct any anime at the moment.)
Rumor aside, considering how Anno just released Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time (and how long that took to finish!), plus he’s currently working on Shin Kamen Rider, the timing for such an anime rumor sure seems sudden, no?
- Hideaki Anno Wants to Explore the Neon Genesis Evangelion Timeline
- This Anno 1800 mod resurrects an Anno 1404 NPC as an undead captain
- Remaking a legend – PlayStation.Blog
- CyberConnect2 again talks possibility of remaking Solatorobo as well as Tail Concerto
- Ixion is a city-building space opera inspired by Frostpunk and Anno
- Anno 1800 kicks off a free week to mark the arrival of skyscrapers
- Star Wars anime Visions trailer, studios, release date announced at Anime Expo
- Studio Ghibli anime museum gets saved by crowdfudning money
- Top Borderlands devs leave a “not yet announced” game to start their own studio
- Pokemon Asia YouTube Channel says it will resume streaming Pokemon the Series: XY Anime if they hit 500K subscribers