E3 is almost here! In the lead-up to the event, the Nintendo Reddit community has been reflecting on the Japanese company’s big reveals and announcements at the annual convention over the years.
With this in mind, it’s now been 10 years since Nintendo gave the world a look at “The Legend of Zelda HD” tech demo running on an early version of the Wii U. This dates back to 2011 and also happens to line up with the original reveal of the next-generation hardware at the time.
This impressive-looking video followed on from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and was just ahead of the release of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. The mainline Zelda games that did make it to the Wii U in the end included Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Breath of the Wild.
E3 2023 could potentially be just as exciting this year – with many (including us) hoping to see the sequel to Breath of the Wild. It is Link’s 35th anniversary after all. There have also been rumours about Wind Waker and Twilight Princess making a return.
Do you have any memories of watching this HD Zelda clip in 2011? Would you like to see a Zelda game that looked like this in the future? Leave a comment down below.
Nintendo Life | Latest Updates
- Remember last year’s Unreal Engine 5 demo? It’s a Fortnite skin now
- Five Years Later, We Remember The Tomorrow Children with Director Dylan Cuthbert – Feature
- Five years on, we remember Pokmon Go’s remarkable first summer • Eurogamer.net
- Random: Did You Know The Wii U Can Burn eShop Games To Discs?
- Random: This Wonderful LEGO Wii Build Brings Back Memories Of Simpler Times
- Remember Abandoned? A PS5 App Will Let You Watch Its Trailers in Realtime
- Here’s How Nintendo Is Improving Zelda: Skyward Sword HD Over The Wii Original
- The DC: Batman Bat-Tech Edition app is out now on iOS and Android, letting you use Batman’s tech to fight crime in awesome AR | Articles
- Street Fighter II’s Zangief Is Now 65 Years Old
- The Nintendo 64 Is Now 25 Years Old