Resident Evil Village is a cross-gen title, but at first glance, it’s a clear step above the visual quality we’re used to on eighth-gen platforms. The developer appears to have pushed out every drop of power out of the aging PlayStation 4 and Xbox One to deliver visuals that wouldn’t look out of place in a launch-day ninth-gen title.
This doesn’t mean that the next-gen platforms haven’t received love. Apart from improved performance, ray-tracing is a subtle, yet significant improvement. In the years to come, we expect Resident Evil Village to be something of a visual benchmark to measure future ninth-gen titles against.
- Resident Evil Village Ending Explained, And How It Sets Up Resident Evil 9
- The Full Story of Resident Evil 5 – Before You Play Resident Evil: Village
- What The Hell Happened In Resident Evil 7? – Before You Play Resident Evil 8: Village
- The Full Story of Resident Evil Revelations 2 – Before You Play Resident Evil Village
- The Full Story of Resident Evil 4 – Before You Play Resident Evil: Village
- Resident Evil Full Story – EVERYTHING You Need To Know Before You Play Resident Evil Village
- The Full Story of Resident Evil: Revelations 1 – Before You Play Resident Evil: Village
- Looks like Resident Evil Village has already outsold Resident Evil 3
- F1 2022 Frame Rate Analysis – PS5 vs Xbox Series X vs PC Graphics Comparison
- RESIDENT EVIL 8 VILLAGE "THE MERCENARIES" Walkthrough Gameplay Part 1 – S RANK (VILLAGE)