Developer RyseUp Studios has announced Roboquest, a fast-paced first-person shooter roguelite, today. The game is scheduled to release on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC. It will launch on the Xbox Game Preview Program in 2024. The full release will come to Xbox Game Pass at launch and will support cross-platform co-op play.
According to the developer, Roboquest “places an emphasis on inventive gunplay action and precise movements.” The game sports a cell-shaded graphic style reminiscent of comic books, as well as a single-player and co-op campaign. RyseUp decided that they would be using an open development process early in the game so they could gather player input and feedback and use it to iterate on concepts that are once again presented by the fanbase.
The game takes place in the year 2700. Climate change and war have decimated the planet. The scattered remnants of humanity eke out a desperate existence in the deserts. A young scavenger named Max finds an old Guardian robot that she activates, which ends up kickstarting the game’s main story.
With over 50 weapons to collect and tons of abilities and customizations to unlock, Roboquest looks like it is shaping up to be a good time.
You can watch a trailer for the game below:
Video Game News, Reviews, Walkthroughs And Guides | GamingBolt
- Roboquest is Coming Soon to Wreak Havoc with Xbox Game Pass
- Summoners War: Sky Arena releases two new monsters, Robo and Sky Surfer | Articles
- Chibi-Robo! Inspired 3D Platformer Misc. A Tiny Tale Confirmed For Switch
- Rogue Lords, the roguelite about helping the Devil reclaim Earth, arrives in September
- Rocat Jumpurr, Mousetrap Games’ rocket-recoiling roguelite, introduces new Wild Mode in massive update | Articles
- Into the Pit is a spellcasting FPS roguelite with lashings of Heretic and Bloodborne
- Dead Cells’ revolutionary mobile port of the roguelite action platformer has sold over two million units in China | Articles
- Bring life to a barren world in upcoming roguelite Sandwalkers
- Sparklite is an action-adventure roguelite game coming to mobile on November 9th | Articles
- Samurai Shodown comes to Steam in June, new DLC character announced