Publisher 505 Games released in their fiscal report that there is a sequel to Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.
Rumour: Bloodstained Ritual of the Night Sequel Could Be In Development
Publisher 505 Games released their fiscal year 2024/2023 Q3 results in a presentation where the company outlined a few details for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. The game created by Koji Igarashi, the former series producer of the Castlevania franchise has earned more than one million copies sold, and had life-to-date revenues of €30.2 million.
Probably the most exciting detail is that a “second version in development” this actually means a sequel is currently in the works. The Ghostrunner section of the presentation also uses the term “second version” which has already had an announced sequel for the game.
The slide featuring the info was shared by Twitter user Wario 64:
— Wario64 (@Wario64) May 28, 2024
While the presentation doesn’t explicitly say a sequel, going by the logic of how Ghostrunner uses the same term, it looks like Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night 2 is in the works. Neither publisher nor developer has yet to confirm this though. In an article by Kotaku who reached out to 505 Games, a representative shared “505 Games doesn’t have any further information to share on Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night at this time”.
The published document also since has had the slide with the “second version” removed, but it’s still curious as to why 505 Games did not outrightly deny that a possible sequel is in the development. “…no further information right now” doesn’t necessarily mean that there won’t be something to share in the future.
Bloodstained Ritual of the Night had a bit of a bumpy launch, but has since received a number of updates to fix bugs plus updates adding further modes and content which includes Zangetsu as a playable character. The game also celebrated the milestone of one million copies sold last year. If you want to know what we thought of the game you can check it out in Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night Review.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC via Steam, iOS via the App Store, and Android via Google Play.
- Top RPG News Of The Week: June 6th (Bloodstained Ritual of the Night sequel, Babylon’s Fall, Dark Alliance Plus More!)
- Bloodstained Ritual of the Night Sequel Confirmed; Devs Still Focusing on RoTN Content
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night gets character and game mode in new update | Articles
- Ritual of the Night Sequel In “Early Planning Stages,” Artplay Confirms
- Ritual of the Night is apparently in development – My Nintendo News
- Rumour: Unannounced Dead Space Game Is a ‘Reimagining’, Not a Sequel
- Night Delivery is a terrifying Japanese horror game about a courier having a very bad night
- Rumour: There’s Supposedly A New Donkey Kong Animation In Development
- Rumour: Dragon Age Netflix Series in Development
- Rumour: Sony Planning More Expensive PS Plus Option That Could Include Crunchyroll