It looks like Ubisoft will continue its heartbreaking tradition of putting Sam Fisher in anything but a brand new Splinter Cell game later this week as plans for a big IP crossover have leaked ahead of the publisher’s digital event. Codenamed BattleCat, this is an online PvP title that brings together the worlds of Splinter Cell, The Division, and Ghost Recon. Some mages of the title leaked on Twitter over the weekend, and Video Games Chronicle has corroborated the claim, stating “the images are authentic and that ‘BattleCat’ is targeting consoles and PC”.
Included in the screenshots are the Cleaners and Outcasts gangs from The Division and Ghost Recon: Breakpoint’s Wolves. Two game modes are described — Escort tasks a squad with escorting a package to a specific point on the map while Ringleader has you collecting rings from defeated enemies. The former sounds a lot like Overwatch, while the latter is basically Kill Confirmed from Call of Duty.
If the leak is indeed real, then an official announcement is expected during the Ubisoft Forward showcase event later this week. Of course, the sheer existence of this particular title doesn’t mean we should entirely rule out the possibility of Sam Fisher’s proper return, but it’s certainly not looking likely. For more information on when you can tune in, check out our E3 2023 Timetable through the link.
Would you be interested in such a game? Pour one out for Sam Fisher in the comments below.
Push Square | Latest Updates
- Report: Ghost Recon, Division, and Splinter Cell merge in new Ubisoft F2P shooter
- A Splinter Cell, Division, and Ghost Recon mashup FPS is rumored to be in development
- Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, and The Division merge in Ubi’s 6v6 free-to-play FPS XDefiant • Eurogamer.net
- Ubisoft details Splinter Cell, Far Cry, and Blood Dragon animated shows
- The Division won’t be appearing at Ubisoft Forward this month
- Splinter Cell is getting a new Netflix series, but still no new game
- This Splinter Cell-inspired game aims to bring back spies vs mercs
- Ghost Recon’s 20th anniversary includes a Tomb Raider crossover in Breakpoint
- Netflix’s Splinter Cell TV Series Revealed From The Creator Of John Wick
- The Splinter Cell Netflix anime gets teased a bit during Geeked Week