Our latest video newscast is now available to view, or download in podcast form.
Today, James and Marie are joined by Cassia Curran of Wings Interactive to talk about some of the biggest news from the Xbox & Bethesda showcase and Square Enix Presents.
We also spend a good amount of the episode talking about the presence of indies at E3, the difference between riskier, more creative games and safer AAA bets, and the balance (or lack thereof) between violent and non-violent games.
You can watch and listen in the YouTube video above, or you can listen right here. It is also available via Spotify, iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Overcast, Player FM, TuneIn and other widely-used podcast platforms.
Title music composed by Thomas Marchant.
Did you miss us talking about Ubisoft and Mario + Rabbids with composer Grant Kirkhope? Then check out our previous episode right here.
We’ve got plenty planned for the coming weeks, so keep your eye on GamesIndustry.biz and the podcasting platform of your choice for more of our E3 2023 coverage.
For all the announced games so far, you can see everything with our full E3 roundup article.
- The GI at E3 newscast: Video games are coming and Xbox gets serious
- Square Enix pleased with Outriders sales and praises Xbox Game Pass' ability to build an install base
- Square Enix says putting Outriders on Xbox Game Pass has "worked in its favour" • Eurogamer.net
- Tokyo Game Show 2023 schedule includes Xbox, Square Enix livestreams • Eurogamer.net
- The GI at E3 Newscast: Ubisoft Forward, Mario + Rabbids and E3 memories with Grant Kirkhope
- The GI at E3 Newscast: Nintendo Direct and E3 2023, with Guha Bala
- The GI at E3 Newscast: E3 Recap, Nintendo's strategy and Game Pass, with Shahid Ahmad
- Square Enix says Final Fantasy X-3 story synopsis exists and there’s a possibility game could be made in the future
- Square Enix E3 2023 Showcase Includes New Eidos Montreal Game, Babylon’s Fall and More
- Balan Wonderworld and Sonic co-creator Yuji Naka appears to have departed Square Enix