Happy weekend from Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up on the latest in the games we cover or are looking for a refresher we’ve got you covered! Here’s a bite-sized version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news across the Fextralife Wiki Network.
Check out the video above and read on for the text!
Crusader Kings 3
- The next expansion for the strategy role-playing game Crusader Kings III will be called Royal Court, set to depict the challenges powerful rulers face to build their court and attract interesting people. The expansion will add a new way to interact with the characters that inhabit your kingdom, includes major changes to the cultural system of the game as well as adding greater “dynamism and historical fluidity” according to the official Steam page.
- The Crusader Kings III: Royal Court will include a Throne Room, the ability to Hold Court, Grandeur, Inspired People, Hybrid Cultures, and Cultural Divergence. The Throne Room is described as a physical representation of your power, a better throne room means an improvement of quality of life for your court.
- So far there is no release date for the expansion but it will be coming with a major free update which will add new culture interface and more.
- Crusader Kings III: Royal Court is now available to pre-purchase on Steam.
For more on this news find it here in Crusader Kings 3 Royal Court Expansion Announced.
The Outer Worlds
- This week Microsoft has been confirmed to be taking over the official publishing rights for future The Outer Worlds games.
- During Take-Two Interactive’s Q4 2023 earnings call (reported by Seeking Alpha), CEO Strauss Zelnick confirmed that The Outer Worlds had sold more than 3 million units since its launch in October 2023. The call also included Take-Two’s president Karl Slatoff who shared “…we will be participating in the franchise and whatever the future holds for that franchise”, talking about The Outer Worlds.
- However, Private Division went into more detail, which was reported by Gamasutra, who said the company would be continuing to support the 2018’s The Outer Worlds, while Obsidian and Microsoft would be the ones to publish the future iterations of The Outer Worlds.
- The Outer Worlds wrapped up what seems to be its final expansion Murder on Eridanos in March this year, adding murder mystery, a new area to explore, further weapons and more. If you’re curious about what we thought of the DLC be sure to watch our Youtube video Murder on Eridanos Review.
- The Outer Worlds is currently available to play on PC, Xbox One, Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
For more on this news find it here in Microsoft Officially Takes Over Publishing Rights For ‘Future Iterations’ Of The Outer Worlds.
Rumour: Final Fantasy Spinoff
- With E3 2023 drawing nearer, more rumours have arisen, especially on the likes of Reddit and Resetera, but this time surrounding a new Final Fantasy spinoff which Square Enix could be announcing this year.
- The rumour is about a particular title that is allegedly being worked on by Nioh and Ninja Gaiden developer Team Ninja with Square Enix. The rumour also shares details that the genre is not too dissimilar to the likes of Nioh or a Souls game, suggesting that this Final Fantasy title might be something similar to the first Final Fantasy title on the NES. According to the website Fanbyte, who claim they have sources that also support the rumour and are putting forward that the title is Final Fantasy Origin.
- The rumours suggest that this title will be part of Square Enix’s upcoming E3 press conference with a public alpha version coming out this summer under the name ‘Stranger in Paradise’. The development consists of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT staff, who will be able to gain feedback from the early stage of development with the alpha according to the article.
For more on this news find it here in Rumour: Nioh Developer Working With Square Enix On An Action-RPG Final Fantasy Spinoff.
Metal Max Xeno Reborn
- Developer Kadokawa Games and British publisher PQube have announced the tank JRPG Metal Max Xeno Reborn will be releasing in the west in 2023. Currently, there is no specific date of release but the title will be coming to PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam next year.
- Metal Max Xeno Reborn is a remake of the original Metal Max Xeno which released in 2018 for PS4 and PS Vita. It is the latest entry in the Metal Max JRPG series that first released in 1991.
- This celebrates the series’ 30th anniversary, finally bringing the latest title west. Out of the titles only the third game Xeno: Reborn was made available outside of a Japan release.
- The game allows players to scavenge for parts to upgrade their tank, customise, explore the wasteland, experience real-time battles and more. Also did we mention you also get your own battle dog? And yes you can pet the dog.
- Metal Max Xeno Reborn will be releasing on Switch, PS4, and Steam in 2023.
For more on this news find it here in Metal Max Xeno Reborn Announced To Be Coming West For PS4, Switch And PC.
Dragon Quest 12
- Celebrating the 35th anniversary of the Dragon Quest series, Square Enix held a livestream showcasing upcoming Dragon Quest games. This included the reveal of Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Fate. The trailer which was not that long only teased the logo, and a burning 12 in roman numerals. The numerals appear breaking through rock.
- No other details were given about the new title except for its name “The Flames of Fate”. The Dragon Quest creator Yuji Horii did share a little about what the game will be about, saying “It’s about having options. You have to choose your own way of how to play.” It was also dubbed as a Dragon Quest “for adults” meaning there could be much darker themes if the teaser is anything to go by.
- He also revealed that they will “change the command battle” but will not get “rid of the system completely”. As for the release date for Dragon Quest 12 this was not revealed.
- This wasn’t the only reveal during the livestream as titles Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake being led by Octopath Traveler Producer Masaaki Hayasaka. Also announced was a spinoff Dragon Quest Treasures, starring Erik and Mia from Dragon Quest XI.
For more on this news find it here in Dragon Quest XII Revealed As A Dark RPG.
Xbox and Bethesda Showcase
- Confirming the rumours that a press conference would be taking place for both Xbox and Bethesda at this year’s E3, Xbox Wire reveals on June 13th at 10:00 AM PT/1:00 PM ET will be the joint showcase. The stream will concentrate on games that are coming from Xbox Game Studios, Bethesda and other Xbox partners.
- E3 2023 will take a completely online format this year, but fans can start registering June 3rd, while industry professionals, content creators and influencers can register on May 31st.
- The livestream duration will be around 90 minutes, spotlighting the game lineup from the Xbox and Bethesda partnership, as well as upcoming holiday releases, Game Pass details and more. The stream for Xbox and Bethesda E3 appearance will be available to watch through platforms Twitch, Youtube, Twitter and Facebook.
- E3 2023 will be livestreamed between the 12th to 15th June.
For more on this news find it here in Xbox And Bethesda Announce Joint E3 2023 Showcase For June 13th.
Monster Hunter Rise
- During Capcom’s Monster Hunter Rise Digital Event live stream this week, they revealed new trailers for both upcoming turn-based title Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin, and a new trailer for Monster Hunter Rise featuring the title update 3.0.
- The latest update for Rise arrived this week on May 27th, adding new monsters including a new variant Crimson Glow Valstrax and Apex Zinogre. Of course new monsters means new weapons and armor which can be found over on our Monster Hunter Rise wiki.
- The trailer teased more of the twins channeling the monsters but the director didn’t want to share any spoilers as it is part of the new ending with 3.0. But the official website hints at what happens when Ibushi and Narwa meet.
- A new roadmap was released for upcoming updates which includes the Capcom Collab event with Monster Hunter Stories 2, with more collabs coming at the end of July and end of August, although they didn’t mention which Capcom game crossover will be next.
- Monster Hunter Rise is also celebrating surpassing the 7 million units milestone in shipments and digital sales worldwide. With celebrating this milestone Monster Hunter Rise players will receive the Kamura Pack 3 which can be picked up from Senri the Mailman. The Kamura Pack 3 contains 30 Mega Potions, 20 Well-done Steaks, 10 Large Bombs, 5 Mega Demondrugs and 5 Mega Armorskins.
- Monster Hunter Rise is currently available on Switch and will be coming to PC in early 2023.
For more on this news find it here in Monster Hunter Rise Digital Event Reveals and Monster Hunter Rise Shipments And Digital Sales Top 7 Million.
Pokemon Titles Release Dates
- It may be just the end of May, but news is being released ahead of E3. This includes launch dates for upcoming Pokemon titles Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, plus Pokemon Legends: Arceus.
- The remakes Pokemon Diamond and Pearl known as Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl received release dates today, coming to the Nintendo Switch on November 19th 2023.
- Nintendo also announced the release date for the upcoming Pokémon Legends Arceus, a new spin-off entry in the Pokemon franchise, which will release on the Switch on January 28th 2023. All games are available for pre-order for $59.99. So far pre-order bonuses haven’t been revealed.
For more on this news find it here in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl Plus Pokemon Arceus Release Dates Announced.
Well, that’s it for the Week in Wikis. Please join us next week for yet another great week of gaming! Remember to check out our VIP program for some exclusive supporter benefits, and budding writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thanks again for being a part of this great community. Keep checking in with us for news, reviews, YouTube streams and vids, and general wiki goodness!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the larger the army of the Fexus grows:
- Square Enix says Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Fate will ‘shape the next 10 to 20 years of Dragon Quest’
- Capcom Announces E3 2023 Showcase Featuring Monster Hunter Rise, Monster Hunter Stories 2 and More
- Dragon Quest XII Revealed As A Dark RPG
- Dragon Quest 12, Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D Remake announced for RPG series’ 35th Anniversary
- Monster Hunter World Sales Top 17.3 Million Units, Monster Hunter Rise at 7.3 Million
- Monster Hunter Rise and Monster Hunter Stories 2 collaboration event, and more coming this month
- Top RPG News Of The Week: July 11th (Baldur’s Gate 3, Solasta, Dragon Age 4 and More!)
- Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Fate announced
- Top RPG News Of The Week: May 16th (New World, Biomutant, Scarlet Nexus and More!)
- Top RPG News Of The Week: May 23rd (Starfield, FFXIV Endwalker, Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade and More!)