One of the many surprises in the latest Nintendo Direct was Wario Ware: Get It Together! for Nintendo Switch. The fun and frantic title will fly onto shelves on the 12th of September this year and if the latest footage captured via the Treehouse Live event is anything to go by, it’s going to be a lot of fun indeed. A few new features cropped up on the shorter segment of the live stream and it highlighted franchise favourites like the 9-Volt character and Story mode.
Wario Ware: Get It Together also boasts a brand new co-op mode with each player taking a single Joy-Con and being given the task of tackling an onslaught of microgames together. Each round, you’re put in control of a different character with each one forcing you to complete each microgame differently. For instance, we saw Wario sporting a lively jetpack while Dribble and Spitz fire projectiles from either side of them, as explained by the Treehouse reps. It’s a neat way to add even more spice to the dish, and the action has never looked more unpredictable.
Fan favourite 9-Volt made a brief appearance and fans of the franchise will know that this particular group of games is based around Nintendo classics. Only three were shown on the live stream and they were based around Luigi’s mansion, Animal Crossing, and Ice Climbers. Eagle-eyed viewers would have seen more of the selection screen (we saw a Fire Emblem tea-drinking game!).
Rocking the baby? Escape the chomping mouth? Bash the bag of coins? Only a fraction of crazy microgames were shown, but it was enough to see to confirm that this latest entry is going to be a ton of fun in single-player and with friends.
Source: Treehouse Live
My Nintendo News
- Tiny Library Is 50 RPGs that are like Wario Ware for cards
- Wario Ware takes No.1 as seven new games enter the Top 40 | UK Boxed Charts
- WarioWare: Get It Together! first gameplay – Nintendo Treehouse: Live | E3 2023
- Wario And His “Chumps” Bring Back Micro-Games In WarioWare: Get It Together!
- Mario Golf: Super Rush Treehouse deep-dive shows Golf Adventure, Boss Battles, Speed Golf and more
- Get It Together! Shows Off More Co-Op Gameplay And Minigames
- Nintendo Treehouse provides closer look at Metroid Dread’s Phantom Cloak feature
- Video: Nintendo Minute play some more WarioWare: Get It Together
- EA and Internet Matters launch Play Together/Play Smart campaign
- Play Together’s latest update introduce new travel and social features and much more | Articles