Wave Break is out today on Switch eShop, pitching itself as “the world’s first skateBOATING game”. It looks rather fun and offers quite a few modes and options – there’s a campaign, a Park Creator, competitive online multiplayer and more besides. The developers also make a notable promise of 60fps performance on Switch, too.
In any case, the game got a whole lot more attention in recent days and during this week’s Summer Game Fest Kickoff event, when Weezer performed live to promote the ‘Weezy Mode’; it’s a special level featuring the song.
Not your typical crossover, but it’s certainly raised the profile of Wave Break as it battles for attention in this week’s download update. Let us know what you think of the game, and the song, in the comments!
Nintendo Life | Latest Updates
- Ghostrunner Update Adds Wave Mode, Assist Mode, and New Cosmetics
- Ghostrunner’s Neon Pack Adds Assist Options And Roguelike Wave Mode
- App Army Assemble: Componut – How many quirky contraptions can you make in this 2D physics-based puzzler? | Articles
- Talking Point: Nintendo’s Quirky Creativity Hasn’t Always Paid Off On Switch, But It Matters
- Ears and Burgers is a quirky new culinary puzzler out now for iOS | Articles
- Quirky Puzzle Game ‘ConnecTank’ Is Getting A Fancy Limited Edition On Switch
- Meet The Quirky Alien Enemies In No More Heroes 3
- Random: 1990 Preview Of Sonic The Hedgehog Featured A Quirky Unused Enemy
- Ubisoft executives’ next bonus depends on carbon reduction rather than increasing diversity
- Stranger of Paradise uses Final Fantasy 1 as a motif rather than being “directly connected to the game”