As with Starfield, the sequel to The Outer Worlds will not release on PlayStation 5 and PS4. We were taken with the original RPG, awarding it a 9/10 in our review and describing it as a “triumph”. Earlier this year, we also covered the game’s Murder on Eridanos expansion, which we thought was pretty good as well.
However, with Microsoft’s acquisition of developer Obsidian, the sequel will no longer release on Sony’s suite of systems. While it’s clearly still extremely early days for The Outer Worlds 2 – a glossy trailer effectively poked fun at the fact that the studio has nothing to show – you won’t be playing it on a PlayStation platform when it eventually does deploy.
Push Square | Latest Updates
- Random: Someone Worked On Outer Worlds AND Outer Wilds At The Same Time, Somehow
- The Outer Worlds passes 3 million units on all platforms
- The Outer Worlds 2 Announcement Trailer Left Us Smiling
- The Outer Worlds Has Surpassed 4 Million Sold-In Units
- The Outer Worlds 2 Announced the E3 2023 Bethesda and Xbox Showcase
- The Outer Worlds 2 is Likely Going to Use Unreal Engine 5, Job Ad Suggests
- 11 PS5/PS4 Games With The BIGGEST WORLDS
- Sony Recommends Playing Cyberpunk 2077 on PS5, PS4 Pro Once It Returns to the PlayStation Store
- Playing The Ascent on Xbox Game Pass for PC makes me wish I was playing on Steam • Eurogamer.net
- Plan B from Outer Space: A Bavarian Odyssey is an upcoming interactive novel about an alien invasion – only this time, you’re the alien | Articles