Nintendo announced its newest The Legend of Zelda amiibo. When The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD appears on July 16, 2022, so will a Zelda & Loftwing amiibo. It will essentially add a fast-travel ability to the game.
Nintendo also shared a trailer to explain exactly how the Zelda & Loftwing amiibo will work. If a player is on the surface and doesn’t own one, they’ll only be able to go back to the sky at save points. If you have this figure, you can hold it over the controller to teleport back to Skyloft. If you tap it in the sky, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD will remember where you were and send you back. Nintendo’s announcement also confirmed that it can be used even inside of dungeons.
Here’s the full trailer showing how Fi will help you. It also shows how it works inside of buildings.
This is one of multiple amiibo appearing in 2022. Some appeared for Monster Hunter Rise. The Animal Crossing Sanrio amiibo cards even appeared worldwide. Also, Monster Hunter Stories 2 ones will show up in July 2022 too.
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD and the Zelda & Loftwing amiibo will appear on July 16, 2022. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is available on the Nintendo Wii as well.
- A Zelda & Loftwing Skyward Sword HD amiibo is releasing on July 16th
- Zelda & Loftwing Amiibo Releasing Alongside Skyward Sword HD
- Nintendo Reveals New Zelda & Loftwing amiibo For Skyward Sword HD
- Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD Remake On Switch Locks Fast-Travel Behind Loftwing Amiibo
- Skyward Sword’s Loftwing amiibo lets you skip a frustrating piece of game design • Eurogamer.net
- Pre-Order Zelda: Skyward Sword At Nintendo UK Store For A Chance To Win This Lovely Loftwing Figurine
- Nintendo of America confirms Zelda & Loftwing amiibo impacted by “unforeseen” shipping delays
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD Is Getting an amiibo That Helps with Traversal
- Video: Unboxing The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD Joy-Con Controllers, amiibo And Game
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD is the fourth Zelda to reach No.1 | UK Boxed Charts