More and more, we’re seeing developers and publishers going back to beloved classics and bringing them back, revitalizing them with fresh ideas, gameplay improvements, and technological leaps. And while not all are equally successful (or even necessary), there’s little doubt that there’s obvious value in the idea of a remake.
We’re now at a point in time where the PS2 generation is far enough away that many of the excellent games adorning its classic library could benefit massively from a similar treatment, and here, we’re going to be talking about exactly that, as we list fifteen PS2 games that we would love to see remade.
- A modder has created a portable PS2 console dubbed the PS2 Eclipse
- X-treme Express Is A Strange PS2 Train-Battling Game
- Random: PS2 Game Boxes Were Nearly Extremely Weird
- This Portable PS2 Is the Handheld of Our Dreams
- Portable PS2 Looks Great, Plays Grand Theft Auto 3
- PS2, PS1 Wireless Pad Kickstarter Beats Pledge Goal with Time to Spare
- What If: CD Projekt Red remade The Witcher 1?
- TIE Fighter Remade With Modern Graphics
- Hit and Run Remade Partially In Unreal Engine 5
- The cancelled Fallout Van Buren is being remade as a New Vegas mod