With Insomniac now officially being tied down by Sony and given that they will be making games for PlayStation exclusively for the foreseeable future, it’s interesting to think about what would be the best way to utilize them in this role. Of course, another Ratchet and Clank and/or Spiderman game is generally a given. Games for those franchises will always sell well. However, there are a lot of other potentially fun areas to direct Insomniac’s talent in the coming years that could pay back dividends in terms of success for the studio and having fun, varied experiences for players long-term.
One potential direction that many have opined on is for Insomniac to return to the Sunset Overdrive IP. Sunset Overdrive was an Xbox One exclusive, yet Insomniac, as they’ve stated on Twitter as recently as last April, still owns the Sunset Overdrive IP. This puts them in an interesting place where that original game probably won’t make it to a PlayStation console without some sort of special arrangement, yet, a sequel very easily could. With that peculiar situation in mind, is it time for Insomniac to grace the PlayStation ecosystem with a Sunset Overdrive 2?
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Marketing Revives Sunset Overdrive Accounts
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Has Sunset Overdrive Crossover, More PlayStation Mashups
- Destiny 2 Leak Puts Witch Queen Speculation Into Overdrive
- Switch eShop deals – 80’s Overdrive, Assassin’s Creed III: Remastered, Spice and Wolf VR, Thomas Was Alone, more
- NieR Reincarnation Sunset Swimwear Summons Gives People Swimsuits
- Bandai Namco 'Summer Sunset' Sale Takes Up To 85% Off Switch Games (North America)
- Naraka: Bladepoint release date and time – here’s when it unlocks in your time zone
- TIME Studios presents March Through Time in Fortnite – PlayStation.Blog
- Celebrating MLK: TIME Studios Presents March Through Time in Fortnite
- Resident Evil 5 still the top horror | UK Time Tunnel