Rovio has announced it will be bringing back the Angry Birds Slingshot Stories webseries on its official YouTube channel on 19th June. The new season will premiere a new episode every week on the channel.
Slingshot Stories is a webseries that shows the lives of the iconic Angry Birds characters behind the scenes of the games. The new season will feature 30 episodes with this premise, and is produced by Rovio alongside India-based animation studio Cosmos-Maya.
“We pitched the idea to Rovio to create the second season of the Angry Birds Slingshot Stories,” says Cosmos-Maya’s Anish Mehta. “The versatile episodes of the series, as well as good communication and support throughout the production made it a great working experience for our studio and allowed our CG animators and artists to raise the benchmark of quality from the previous season. We look forward to a continued partnership and creating more entertaining content that brings about much needed smiles, especially in the present times.”
Angry Birds Slingshot Stories had a first season that launched with ten episodes and has reached a total of 22 million views to date. Fan feedback directed at Rovio has led to the second season being commissioned with 30 episodes for the second season.
“The first season of Angry Birds Slingshot Stories has been very successful in terms of views and watchtime so naturally we wanted to create more episodes for our fans,” says Hanna Valkeapää-Nokkala from Rovio. “Season two promises some funny moments and references that long-time Angry Birds fans will pick up, but the series is full of fun and lighthearted humor that anyone can enjoy.”
Angry Birds Slingshot Stories will premiere on Rovio’s YouTube channel on 19th June.
Check out our 162 other
Angry Birds news stories!
Latest Articles | Pocket Gamer
- A new Angry Birds game is coming soon to Apple Arcade | Articles
- Apple Arcade adds Angry Birds Reloaded, Doodle God Universe, Alto’s Odyssey: The Lost City, and more | Articles
- Angry Birds Reloaded and Alto’s Odyssey: The Lost City, two revamped classics, are available now on Apple Arcade | Articles
- Angry Birds Reloaded interview: Ben Mattes and Sami Ronkainen discuss the latest instalment in the popular series | Articles
- Call of Duty Mobile’s next season, In Deep Water, launches next week | Articles
- Mara Sov returns to Destiny 2 next season
- The Red Bull Mobile Esports Open tournament returns for a fourth season with a focus on Wild Rift and PUBG Mobile | Articles
- KeyWe is a cute coop puzzler where you play as kiwi birds in a post office
- Cyberpunk 2077 returns to PlayStation Store next week
- Final Fantasy XIV & FFXV Crossover Event Returns Next Week, Regalia “Mount” Included