This story is part of a group of stories called
E3 2024 takes place June 12-15 as a re-imagined, all-virtual online event. Nintendo, Xbox, Bethesda, Square Enix, Sega, Bandai Namco, Ubisoft, Capcom, and others will deliver new video game announcements, trailers, release dates, and more.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s developers have post-launch support planned “well into” the game’s second year. Highlights, announced during the Ubisoft Forward livestream on Saturday, include a story expansion called The Siege of Paris, and an educational Discovery Tour mode similar to the ones made for Assassin’s Creed Origins and Odyssey.
Ubisoft did not give a specific launch date for The Siege of Paris, other than to say it would arrive this summer. The game’s first premium expansion, The Wrath of the Druids, just launched in May. That chapter took place in Ireland; this one takes players to France for “the most ambitious battle in Viking history,” Ubisoft’s Karen Lee told viewers.
The Siege of Paris is premium content, and will be available a la carte or with the game’s Season Pass. The new chapter also brings back “black box” missions, in which the player is given only a single infiltration objective. How they complete the task is entirely up to them.
The Viking Age Discovery Tour, like its two predecessors, will be a free update to all with the game. It’s a combat-free exploration mode and, like Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s tour, it will allow users to create and pursue role-playing missions for the world’s inhabitants.
Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla launched in November on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and Google’s Stadia and Amazon’s Luna services.
Polygon – All
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Will Get a Second Year of Content and Discovery Tour
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s Discovery Tour is free and out this autumn
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Adding Discovery Tour and New DLC
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Gets End of Year 2024 Content Roadmap Preview; New Title Updates and More
- Mario Kart Tour’s next tour is the Kamek Tour featuring Kamek
- This week in PC Gaming: Button City, Assassins Creed Valhalla DLC, and Free Guy
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Siege Of Paris Expansion Revealed, Future Content Plans
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla gets another year of DLC after Siege of Paris
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Getting Grumpy Eivor Nendoroid by Good Smile Company
- Legion is Getting Assassin’s Creed Crossover Content Soon