Square Enix announces the addition of PS5 for upcoming Babylon’s Fall, plus closed beta test sign-ups now live.
Babylon’s Fall Adds PS5 Version; Closed Beta Test Sign-Ups Announced
Square Enix finally releases a new trailer for Babylon’s Fall. It’s been three years since the announcement of the title, a new trailer and more details were released about the Action-RPG including plans for it to be a live-service game according to developer PlatinumGames.
The developer released a message during their E3 trailer which shared that the game will receive updates after its release including new content. This will include “game modes” which will be released for free according to the game’s trailer.
Platinum also confirmed that the game will be playable in single-player, but also let’s you team up with friends in groups of four to complete dungeons. So far details about whether the co-op will be limited to dungeons only is unknown, or whether you can team up in other areas of the game.
The trailer also confirmed the game will be coming to Playstation 5, as well as the previously announced Playstation 4 and PC platforms. There is currently no release date but a beta sign-up is now live on the game’s official website. The closed beta test will be available for PC via Steam, PS4 and PS5.
The trailer also features some of the gameplay which looks to have some NieR Automata combat influence but with a more sci-fi high-fantasy setting with some big bosses to face all in an art-brush style.
Join a group of warriors bonded with special equipment called Gideon Coffins in an odyssey to overcome the titanic Tower of Babylon. Wield unique weapons in both hands, and use the power of the Gideon Coffin, allowing for combinations of up to four weapons at once. The capabilities of different equipment will also bring endless strategic variation to combat. Game visuals are achieved using a newly developed “brushwork style” to create a unique fantasy setting with a medieval oil painting aesthetic. Play in co-op online multiplayer for up to 4 players. The game will feature a range of game modes post-launch at no additional cost.
Babylon’s Closed Beta
The closed beta progress will not carry over to the live version of the game according to the beta details. The schedule for closed beta include Phase 1 which will take place late-July on Steam, Phase 2 TBA on Steam/PS4, and Phase 3 TBA for all platforms Steam,PS4 and PS5. There will be three server regions NA/EU/JP.
Babylon’s Fall will release on PS4, PS5 and PC via Steam. No release announced as of yet, but you can sign up for the closed beta test which will start with PC in late July.
For more news find it here in Stranger Of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin Revealed and The Outer Worlds 2 Announced The E3 2024 Bethesda And Xbox Showcase.
- Revived Witch opens Closed Beta Test sign-ups, with tons of rewards for eager players | Articles
- PS5 System Software Beta Sign-ups Open for Firmware Update
- Babylon’s Fall first closed beta test dated on PC
- Rumour: Babylon’s Fall Closed Beta Test
- Babylon’s Fall Closed Beta Announced
- Beatstar is now gradually rolling out in regions worldwide, with sign-ups to get notified on your area’s release | Articles
- Konami announces Crimesight, closed beta test starting today
- Metal Revolution closed beta test starts on Google Early Access 27th May | Articles
- Punishing: Gray Raven releases five gorgeous character trailers following the action JRPG’s successful closed beta test | Articles
- Apex Legends Mobile to begin closed beta test in more territories next month | Articles