The Mega Man Battle Network series celebrated its 20th-anniversary last week and while there was apparently a slew of not-so-new announcements, there was seemingly meant to be something shared with the fanbase that appears to have been postponed due to the pandemic.
“If the world hadn’t been in this situation, if the world hadn’t been in such a state, I might have had other plans to announce. But for now, I think it’s time to be patient.
“Of course, washing hands, gargling and social distancing are important, too. It’s always Rockman who beats the virus after all!”
So it seems Capcom might have something planned for the Rockman.EXE series (as it’s known in Japan), but right now is asking fans to be patient while the development team and industry as a whole deal with these added difficulties.
While the Rockman Corner doesn’t think anything has been cancelled, the same source suspects we’ll be waiting some time before anything is properly announced. In other words, relax.
“So if you (like many of us) are holding out for some hypothetical Legacy Collection news, you can breathe.”
What would you like to see from this particular series next? How about Mega Man in general? Leave your thoughts down below.
Nintendo Life | Latest Updates
- Former Capcom Designer Wishes He Could Have Stopped The North American Mega Man Cover
- Medabots S Mega Man Battle Network Collaboration Will Appear Soon
- How Capcom Killed Mega Man Universe Before It Truly Lived
- Capcom looking for licensing partners for Mega Man’s 35th Anniversary in 2022
- Hololive English Council Debut Postponed to Later Date
- Pokmon Go’s postponed in-person events from 2022 will finally be held this autumn • Eurogamer.net
- Mega Man, Shovel Knight, And Save Me Mr Tako Composers On Getting ‘That’ Retro Sound – Feature
- Mega Man x Dive Blends Platforming and Gacha in a Portable Experience
- 7 Horizons Aims To Bring ‘Rayman Meets Mega Man’ To Switch This Year
- Old Mega Man Games Reimagined With New Graphics