However, this is very much a beta test, and therefore not all of the features of crossplay will be available during the beta period. Unfortunately, players won’t be able to add friends or form fireteams in the beta, though this will be available when the full crossplay update is released.
Of course, this isn’t the first taste of crossplay that Destiny 2 fans have had, as a bug previously caused crossplay to go live months ahead of its scheduled release, before being manually disabled. Bungie plans to release Destiny 2 crossplay this fall, as part of Season 15.
Liam Wiseman is a Freelance News Writer for IGN. Follow him on Twitter @liamthewiseman
IGN Video Games
- Destiny 2: Season Of The Splicer Preps For Vault Of Glass Raid, Crossplay Beta Goes Live Next Week
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Beta Timings Confirmed, Open Beta Begins Next Week on PS5, PS4
- Destiny 2 to hold cross-play beta next week
- The Splitgate crossplay beta is so popular the developers had to take it offline
- Destiny 2 now has crossplay voice chat
- Diablo 2 Resurrected Beta – Everything We Know About The Early Access Beta and Open Beta
- Warframe is getting crossplay and cross-save across all platforms, is coming to mobile
- Chivalry 2 cross-play open beta kicks off in next week
- Free-to-Play Shooter Splitgate Finally Launches on PS4 Next Week, Open Beta Available Now
- Diablo 2: Resurrected open beta kicks off next week, but some players will get in sooner