E3 has always been video games’ biggest event, and despite the expo being an entirely digital showcase due to the pandemic, we’re as excited for it as ever. Not only is the beloved trade show in the spotlight over the coming weeks, but so is the independent Summer Game Fest hosted by The Game Awards creator, Geoff Keighley. Because the pandemic has thrown the industry into an unprecedented year for game development, we don’t know quite what to expect from the announcements.
Will there be more games than previous years? Has the pandemic caused even more delayed games than we already know? We’re in for a couple of wild weeks of game announcements and news, starting on June 8th with Summer Game Fest.
We gathered a handful of Game Informer editors to discuss some of the games and hardware announcements we could possibly see. Here’s what the staff thinks will be unveiled:
- Hikaru Utada Is Non-Binary And Wishes All A Happy Pride Month
- Among Us dev wishes they could have worked with Epic on Fortnite’s ‘Impostors’ mode
- No More Heroes Developer Wishes To Make A Deadpool Game With Marvel
- Former Capcom Designer Wishes He Could Have Stopped The North American Mega Man Cover
- Our E3 2023 predictions for the Xbox and Bethesda showcase
- Pokémon Presents Predictions: What We Want From Legends Arceus, Diamond, And Pearl
- Our predictions on what games will be shown at EA Play Live
- The Suicide Squad character deaths: Our official predictions
- Our PS5, PS4 Predictions for PlayStation Showcase 2023 – Feature
- Three of Our Biggest E3 2023 Predictions – ASTRO Gaming Blog