Following a ratings board leak earlier this year, it is now confirmed that Godfall, the PC and PlayStation 5 fantasy looter published by Gearbox, will also launch for PS4.
It is perhaps surprising to see the visually-impressive role-player getting ported to last-gen – not that we saw much of what that PS4 version might look like today. But this move will, obviously, open up the game to a wider audience.
Today also brought word of Fire & Darkness, a new expansion for Godfall which adds in a new realm, new story, and a hoard of new loot.
Both the PS4 version of Godfall and Fire & Darkness will arrive on 10th August.
At launch, Godfall garnered a mixed response, with Vikki Blake calling it “a beautiful but hollow action RPG” in Eurogamer’s Godfall review. “Godfall offers obnoxiously stylish next-gen spectacle, but its appeal only runs skin deep.”
Today’s announcement notes that developer Counterplay Games has updated Godfall regularly since then, and focused on community-requested features and quality of life enhancements.
- Godfall comes to PS4 August 10, alongside new Fire & Darkness expansion – PlayStation.Blog
- Godfall Coming to PS4 Alongside ‘Fire & Darkness’ Expansion on August 10th
- Godfall Coming to PS4 on August 10th, Fire and Darkness Expansion and Lightbringer Update Revealed
- Godfall’s New Fire & Darkness Expansion Gets Launch Trailer; PS4 Version Now Available
- Godfall’s Fire & Darkness Expansion to Release in August, PS4 Version Revealed
- Godfall Out Now on PS4, Fire and Darkness Expansion Also Available
- Godfall Fire & Darkness Expansion Sets to Make Changes to Valorplate Ailments
- Godfall is coming to PS4 in August
- Godfall, the PS5 looter slashes, is coming to PS4
- Nobody Played Godfall On PS5, So It’s Coming To PS4